SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Most Boring/Worst Concert Attended
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most Boring/Worst Concert Attended Login/Join 
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
1973, Bob Seger, he opened for Iggy and the Stooges. Maybe it was an off day but damn he was bad. You couldn't hear him over the booing that went on.

Two years later at the Michigan Palace friends talked me into going.That night he rocked, with him was The Silver Bullet Band, just before the album Live Bullet was recorded at Cobo Hall.

Could’ve been the combo. Bob Seger is not who I would expect to see opening for The Stooges. Big Grin

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
All of the actual just-a-concert concerts I have gone to have been good to fantastic.

I've seen a few good performances and more boring-to-terrible ones that were part of other events.

If we include those, by far the worst musical performance I have ever been to was at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo when I was a kid.

Billy Ray Cyrus at peak "Achy Breaky Heart."

I wanted to gouge my ears out.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Goo Goo Dolls a few years ago. The first opening act were the Plain White Tees, which I didn't want to go early enough to see, but my wife talked me into it, and I was shocked how much better they were overall than their one hit on the radio at the time. The second was Daughtry, and Chris was sick, you could tell, but he still put on a really good show. Then the Goo-Goo Dolls came on, and boy they must normally be auto-tuned out the wazoo. Add in one of band members wants to be a heavy metal rocker and we walked out after a few songs. Ironic, because they were the headliner at the time.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Early, early 70’s, Lincoln Ne. Got free tickets to see a band called the MC5. I had never heard of them but free, hey! I was pretty well drunk on whiskey, never been around pot and acid heads. Stayed for a couple songs. It was all about revolution and hating America.

I stumbled out, it was too crazy even for a whiskey drunk. I didn’t fit in & knew it.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NewRiverGeorge
posted Hide Post
Early 80's my parents drug me out to see Floyd Cramer in concert. Longest night of my life...

Posts: 23 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I've seen a couple of bad ones. REM at the Portland Civic Center in Portland Maine was awful. They had a warm up band, may have been Nine Inch Nails, was so loud it was just sound.

REM came out and they were so hammered on their choice of pharmaceuticals that the show was loud and incoherent. Then they nailed Superman. But it went down hill from there. Stipe blew his voice out and started speaking the songs, rather than singing them. We stuck it out because we were college students who paid, but it was bad.

Steve Winwood was pretty bad too, but for a different reason. I saw him at the Worcester Civic Center in Massachusetts, during the Arc of a Diver / Back in the High Life era, and the show was perfection itself. So perfect in fact that I could have saved my money and listened to it on CD. No originality, no improvisation, no sense of it being live. A shame, really as he is a talented guy who was backed by amazing musicians. It's really not fair to call the show 'bad' more 'disappointing' than anything.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wife and I went to see that Trans Siberian Orchestra group (or whatever their actual name is).

After the third "song" began we realized, the music wouldn't change, only the muddled words. We left 30 minutes into the show - from the third row. Even the lead "singer" spied us and a few other couples leaving about the same time we stood up.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Billy Ray Cyrus about a year and a half after Achy Breaky Heart. He was terrible. Awful. Abysmal.

I got given tickets to the Houston Livestock Show and he was the act that night.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Billy Ray Cyrus about a year and a half after Achy Breaky Heart. He was terrible. Awful. Abysmal.

I got given tickets to the Houston Livestock Show and he was the act that night.

quote:
Originally posted by maladat:

If we include those, by far the worst musical performance I have ever been to was at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo when I was a kid.

I wonder if you two were at the same show?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Miles Davis 1982.....talented dude but a snoozer of a show.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

quote:
Originally posted by maladat:

I wonder if you two were at the same show?

Hard to say. He appeared in '93, '94, and '95 according the Livestock show's website. He was terrible.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Went to see ZZTop. The opening act was The Black Crows. The Black Crows were sloppy drunk played and sang like garbage. Fortunately ZZTop came out and dominated.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
Hands down Guns N' Roses was my worst.

9/15/1992
Metallica/Guns and Roses
Minneapolis, MN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome

Metallica absolutely killed it, but G n R was a complete let down. This was along time ago but if I remember correctly it took 90 minutes for them to come on after Metallica. Well known songs were few and far between. Axl doing a 20 minute piano solo didn't help either.

I was at the Montreal show (where James got burned). The shitshow that turned into was something else. We had nosebleed seats, which worked out well as we were able to leave before the fights got too bad.

Axl was bad enough, but throw in having to go on early and no proper sound check, it was a receipe for disaster.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
AC DC . Sound was bad, couldn't hear singing and distortions galore. Plus people behind us were puking all over.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Buffalo Symphony, around 1996-1999. The main piece must have been something good that I wanted to hear because a Wagner piece preceded on the program. Now I have forgotten the good music and only remember enduring that nasty Wagner.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
Gordon Lightfoot! By far!

I left in the middle of it.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
AC DC . Sound was bad, couldn't hear singing and distortions galore. Plus people behind us were puking all over.

That reminds me, went to a concert and someone had puked in the aisle. A couple of girls were looking for seats, couldn't find any and sat in the aisle. Yep, right in the puke. They proceeded to pass out. During the 2nd encore of the headline act, one wakes up, shakes the other one awake and proclaims "Oh man, this is going to be SO awesome!" Wife and I laughed so hard.

Tony

Posts: 314 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolling Stones at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1980. 2nd bill was Sanatana and the opening act was Iggy Pop. The Stones and Santana were amazing. Iggy came out and he was all drunked up and sounded abysmal. He got booed off the stage after two songs.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:

I've not had the pleasure of being around someone puking,

have had a close by person (maybe 3 people away) get jerked out of the crowd for being a dick, (he was screaming at the woman in front of him for no reason)

also have had what my wife calls The Dentists, come thru and stand infront of us (I'm 5'7", The Dentist are usually 6'2" or taller) and spill beer on our feet,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
It's on youtube. https://youtu.be/TTFQlb1FWDE

[QUOTE]Originally posted by monoblok:
Led Zeppelin, The Kingdome.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post