SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Most Boring/Worst Concert Attended
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most Boring/Worst Concert Attended Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Worst: Willie Nelson in Salem Oregon. He was drunk as a skunk so someone else did the performing.

Next worst: Steve Miller Band. Just sucked.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Had a GF that roped me into a Hall & Oates, or maybe it was James Taylor, concert one time. It was so memorable I don't recall which it was

friend was into Hall & Oates, and convinced me to go,

it was actually a very good show,

wife is a yuge James Taylor, and I have taken her to 5-6 shows,,

I fell asleep during one show, she was pissed

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10422 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Alicia Keys, what used to be the Verizon center, Washington DC 2006. Don't hate, couldn't get out of it. Girlfriend at the time scored two tickets. She dragged me along even after I said I'm not a fan, please take a girlfriend.
Hated it. The band was ok, pretty tight, but didn't care for the I am woman, SJW theme through out the whole show. Pissed the girlfriend off because I just sat there like a rock from start to finish. Wink

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've never really experienced a bad one. The closest I can relate my wife dragged to Lilith Fair one year. Sarah McLachlan was the headliner. Sheryl Crow. But, their was an artist called Monica that just didn't connect with the audience and ended her part way early. Another band I'd never heard of was the Dixie Chicks. I'm not a country fan, but they stole that show with out a doubt. Long before Maines developed her foot in mouth problem.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
With mine it was venue caused. Went to a Garth Brooks concert at the old Texas Stadium (now demolished) and the acoustics were so bad that if you didn't know any of the songs, you might not even realize what kind of music was being so distorted.

Absolutely hands down the worst.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
Rush, Moving Pictures tour, 1981. They played a few notes of Working Man and went into something else. I was pissed.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worst concert I've ever seen: Rolling Stones circa 2002 at the United Center. $135 tickets for horrible seats. Ryan Adams, who I liked in Whiskeytown opened - badly.

The 'Stones were featuring a different album every show. My show ended up being either Tattoo You or Steel Wheels which being made after 1972, I don't like. They played for maybe 40-45 minutes, did a one song encore and the house lights came on.

Worst concert I bought tickets for and could not see: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with the reunited Black Crowes as openers at the World Music Theater (or whatever they were calling it in the mid-2K's). Made it to the show on time which is no mean feat if you are familiar with the venue and location. Got in and tried to get to our seats. The place was mobbed. Normally, there was a set of stairs on both sides of the bandshell to go around and up to the seats or the lawn area. For some reason, one side of the stairs was closed. As a result, you had up and down traffic using the same set of stairs. The venue holds 28K people, so you can see the problem. People were joining arms at the top of the stairs and charging down to the bottom knocking people over like bowling pins. I asked security what the deal was and they stated that the show was oversold and there was not enough security to stop the issues, so they didn't. Had it just been myself and my buddy, we'd have made it to the top. However, we also had my 5'4" 95 pound girlfriend with and there was a zero percent chance she was making it to the seats in one piece. The Black Crowes had just started playing as we got in my buddies truck to leave.

I had to fight like hell, but I did eventually get the money back for all of our tickets.

I heard the show ended up being amazing and the encore was a couple of songs I always wanted to hear live but that Petty did not play any of the other times I saw him/them which made the whole fiasco all that much worse. Still have not seen the Black Crowes either.

Posts: 922 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Eric Clapton in July 1974 at the Amphitheater in Chicago. We were all, uh, primed for Cream or Derek & the Dominoes type jamming. Nope.

Personnel:
Eric Clapton - Guitar / Vocals
George Terry - Guitar
Dicks Sims - Keyboards
Carl Radle - Bass
Jamie Oldaker - Drums
Yvonne Elliman - Backing Vocals

Set List:
01. Smile
02. Let It Grow
03. Can't Find My Way Home
04. Blues Power
05. Have You Ever Loved A Woman
06. Tell The Truth
07. Willie and the Hand Jive
08. Get Ready
09. Let It Rain
10. Key to The Highway
11. Presence of The Lord

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Replacements at Liberty Lunch, Austin, TX. Not that they were any strangers to poor performances, being wasted so much of the time.

Posts: 704 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I went to a 3 day concert July of 1970. Lot of talent, Hendrix, Ten Years After, Tull, Grand Funk, and more. John Sebastian played a really good set and the crowd loved him. Follow him, Steppin Wolf played a song that didn't go over well. The crowd barley reacted. John Kay freaked out on the audience and said something like how could you like John Sebastian so much when he is shit and I am so great. What an ass. Couldn't wait for the next band Grand Funk.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
2017 or so, Marilyn Manson opening for Slipknot. Dude was drunk or high or both, and probably out of shape too. He kept leaving the stage to get water in the middle of songs. At one point he laid down and just said “words, words, words...” over and over into the mic.

I worked in the music industry on tours for several years so I’ve seen some shit shows while working. But of hundreds of different artists/bands I’ve seen preform live, Manson still tops them as the worst. I’ve seen bands on day one of rehearsals put on a better show.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pale Horse,

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About(?) 10 years ago, my wife and I went to see Carlos Santana.
He started out playing one of his old, well liked songs, cannot remember which one.
After that one song, he invited an African woman from backstage. She sang while he played the most bizarre "music". It was awful. Like a dumb ass, I stayed for the whole show. Most people left about 5 songs into it. I kept hearing people say they wanted their money back. I felt cheated. No more Santana for me.

I recently last fall went to a .38 special concert. I had been to one of theirs about 5 years ago and they were really good then.
The one last fall had the worst sound of any concert I have ever been to. It was indoors and the sound was so loud that it hurt. Like shooting .500 Desert Eagle indoors.
Again, like someone said in an earlier post, I could barely tell what song they were playing.
The lead singer was the only original member. During the soft passages, they sounded good, but heck .38 special does not have very many soft passages. I had heard about 5 concerts in the0 same place before that and no problem.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
7th row seats for U2 Pop Mart Tour, New Orleans 1997. Terrible show.

Opening act was Third Eye Blind, who were so much better that the main act.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
My bad concert experience has more to do with the venue than the artist.
Can't remember which one exactly ~ could be Steely Dan (my favorite band) at Cynthia Woods Pavilion in the Woodlands Texas.
I QUIT going to anything out there and I have seen some great ones there.
HOT, BAD SOUND > not for me.
It used to be a quaint outdoor place out in the middle of nowhere in the woods but now it is just stuck in the middle of town.
But really Houston HOT and muggy summer temps and the bad sound unless you are close to the stage > makes it a no go. Frown

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grateful dead at University of Cincinnati spring of 1970. I guess I just didn't understand that band. Music was more like noise. We left at intermission. Would have gone sooner but girlfriend wasn't ready to give up on the band. Later I began to like some of their music after Working Mans Dead and American Beauty albums came out.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Eric Clapton in July 1974 at the Amphitheater in Chicago. We were all, uh, primed for Cream or Derek & the Dominoes type jamming. Nope.

Personnel:
Eric Clapton - Guitar / Vocals
George Terry - Guitar
Dicks Sims - Keyboards
Carl Radle - Bass
Jamie Oldaker - Drums
Yvonne Elliman - Backing Vocals

Set List:
01. Smile
02. Let It Grow
03. Can't Find My Way Home
04. Blues Power
05. Have You Ever Loved A Woman
06. Tell The Truth
07. Willie and the Hand Jive
08. Get Ready
09. Let It Rain
10. Key to The Highway
11. Presence of The Lord

That's a pretty good set right there!!!

Posts: 673 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Hands down Guns N' Roses was my worst.

9/15/1992
Metallica/Guns and Roses
Minneapolis, MN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome

Metallica absolutely killed it, but G n R was a complete let down. This was along time ago but if I remember correctly it took 90 minutes for them to come on after Metallica. Well known songs were few and far between. Axl doing a 20 minute piano solo didn't help either.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolria:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

That's a pretty good set right there!!!
In hindsight, yes, but at the time, and our state of mind, no.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Got to go with Dylan. Should have waked out. The guy ain't all he's "cracked" up to be.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Been that way a long time. He is a brilliant writer.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post