Find
Notify
Tools

Road House 2024 Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The original was fucking Citizen Kane compared to this. Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12994 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin No accounting for taste!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8799 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Best line: “Be nice”.

Seriously, the writing is so bad, that’s the only memorable line.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night, garbage!

Posts: 4709 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I watched it last night, garbage!

Medieval Sam Elliott is not happy with the new one...

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3645 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no Sam Elliott character in this one. They also made up a new character, the Conor McGregor part, which didn’t exist in the original.

He also isn’t really a bouncer. He’s just a fighter he gets recruited to this one bar for a month. It truly is a western like the little girl says.

I get no inclination whatsoever that as he is leaving on the bus that he is going to another bouncer gig.

I feel like I’m defending this movie. I’m not. It’s a 6 tops. I just find it humorous that we are acting like the original was some tour de force of cinema.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
It was entertaining enough, we enjoyed it. It had the 80's like cheesiness

The Mrs. had never seen the original so we watched that too

Posts: 5586 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Now you all have to watch this turd to complete the circle of life

Posts: 5586 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Yet you still married her??? Big Grin

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9755 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gyllenhaal is not an action actor. He's got zero charisma, this movie looks like he over-did-it on the HGH, the sound bits attempts to drop all sort of Stallone-Schwartzenegger-Willis one-liners and fails miserably.

Posts: 15109 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Yet you still married her??? Big Grin

Hell Yeas!! She knows cars, decent mechanic. She wants a 69 Firebird for her dream car, she had one in her younger years. Former Thoroughbred Jockey, stopped after getting thrown and breaking her back. Third degree Black Belt in Choi Kwang Do. Doesn't take shit from anyone. And she's HOT!!!

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Jake Gyllenhaal put way too much effort into his physical condition for the quality of film produced. The writing was very millennial and off-putting. Did not need to be made. I find it interesting Jake Gyllenhaal and Patrick Swayze were both in Donnie Darko yet Jake G still wanted to remake Swayze's film and tarnish the fond memory I have of the original.

Posts: 2066 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
There is no Sam Elliott character in this one. They also made up a new character, the Conor McGregor part, which didn’t exist in the original.

He also isn’t really a bouncer. He’s just a fighter he gets recruited to this one bar for a month. It truly is a western like the little girl says.

I get no inclination whatsoever that as he is leaving on the bus that he is going to another bouncer gig.

I feel like I’m defending this movie. I’m not. It’s a 6 tops. I just find it humorous that we are acting like the original was some tour de force of cinema.

Sounds like a few Louis L'Amour novelettes I've read, riding into the sunset. I don't think he's the Jack Reacher type and probably took his cut and going back west. Conor is no actor, but as good as anyone else in the film. He probably had fun though, got paid, and died.

We need more Sam Elliott

Posts: 3612 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spoiler alert, like anybody gives a shit. Lol. He doesn’t die. In the end credits he walks naked out of the hospital after beating up the hospital staff.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Guess I couldn't watch the whole thing. Anyway, Road House is in Prime. Good soundtrack.

Posts: 3612 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spoiler alert, like anybody gives a shit. Lol. He doesn’t die. In the end credits he walks naked out of the hospital after beating up the hospital staff.

He dang sure looked like he oughta be dead; lotta stab wounds in places full of blood vessels .

Posts: 13623 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Guess I couldn't watch the whole thing. Anyway, Road House is in Prime. Good soundtrack.

Yep, I miss Jeff Healey.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8799 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
They also made up a new character, the Conor McGregor part, which didn’t exist in the original.

I figured he was the Jimmy of this one. Main muscle of the head bad guy (Dad), has an initial fight with protaganist which is kind of a draw, then the final(?) showdown.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16234 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
OK, first I hate when someone criticizes a film WITHOUT watching it. Eek
Additionally, why once a film is made it is sacred and never be remade is equally nonsensical.
That being said, I did watch it last night and it was not as great as the original, not by a longshot.
It could have had a better storyline and in the original ~ Dalton (Swayze) always kept the order businesslike, "take it outside" etc,
Roadhouse II was more for show, the bad guys coming inside so much to blatantly cause commotion was unrealistic but it allows for the conflict and the display of muscles.
Yeah, it wasn't done well, a better storyline would have been to tie it to the original, maybe a cameo from Sam Elliot or something, I did like Connor's debut.
I give it a C- , could have been better, much better but not a disaster, IMO. Eek

Posts: 23257 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The thing about it that most people do not understand that this was never a “remake”, hence the title.

This was simply Amazon using the name of the Dalton character to push a story line that really ended similarities with a bar. By doing this, they got their normal viewers to watch it, they also got a bunch of die hards that probably wouldn’t have watched it without the name to watch it.

Wether you loved it, or complained persistently because it wasn’t Forest Gump level award winning material, Amazon won out.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37214 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post