Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Road House 2024 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Are we really supposed to believe that Jake Gyllenhall (sp) could beat Conor MacGregor in a fight? Roll Eyes Hollywood needs to stop ruining these classics.

Posts: 490 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
We all love it. Leave it the fuck alone.

Correctamundo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5938 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Sequels can be bad enough but remakes usually just plain suck. I will rarely watch a remake. My exception was True Grit with Jeff Bridges. As much as I like and respect Jeff Bridges acting I did not like him in True Grit. He over reached the gravely voice part of the character and sounded like he had a sock in his mouth the entire time. Besides John Wayne was clearly spoken in the original.

I will certainly not see this abomination.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16956 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
easy pass

Posts: 63 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Boys, please do not bother.

#1, woked the fuck out. Numerous characters. The Road House owner. Dalton’s girlfriend. The female bartender. Just don’t watch it or you’ll find out.

#2, I wouldn’t be surprised if McGregor, well this is going to get a Razzie award and one of the worst acting performances I have ever seen. Up there with Dennis Rodman, who I loved on the court and that’s it, in Double Impact.

The film was beyond awful. Don’t waste your time. I had some time this morning, film is free, and it’s a got damn travesty. Swayze is rolling over in his grave.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12963 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Saw a commercial for it last night while watching a March Madness game on Max with my sons.

Looks AWFUL Roll Eyes

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is not a very good movie. The script doesn’t seem to flow and some of the actors are stiff. Actually I thought McGregor put more into it than the others. Thats how crappy it was.

Posts: 5758 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
McGregor was the only thing in this movie worth watching, the rest is shit. I want my time back and unfortunately I watched before seeing the thread

Posts: 2860 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I saw this tonight and I liked it, had some good action. I am sure I'll watch it again, but I am not a person that looks for things wrong about any new movie. I just enjoy it for what it is like we used to back in the 80s.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9419 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching it. I must be easily entertained - found it enjoyable. I do like Gyllenhaal - especially like his character in The Covenant.

This movie could have been just as enjoyable, if not more so, if it had a different title. Could have avoided the stigma of trying to live up to the original (which it along with most remakes seldom do).

Posts: 1145 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it and unlike Swayze, Gylenhaal(sp?) can act. And it wasn’t JG whipping CM, it was Dalton whipping Knox. It won’t win any awards, but it was entertaining, and that’s what I want in a movie Wink

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8795 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Didnt mind it. Actually was more offput by the CGI than the acting/story.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9750 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Didnt mind it. Actually was more offput by the CGI than the acting/story.

My thoughts as well.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37195 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I just enjoy it for what it is...

This. Just, this.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Watched them both back-to-back yesterday. Neither one is going to be archived for future generations, but both are fine to kill a few hours.

The CGI (in the fight scenes) was weird, and where does an ex-MMA fighter with anger issues learn how to build a remote-controlled IED?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16230 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I tried to watch the old one recently and didn't end up finishing it. I didn't think it was very good even though I like some of the actors. I watched the 2024 version a couple of days ago. I thought it was watchable, if you're bored.

十人十色

Posts: 2109 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched it last night. Wife is out of town figured she wouldn’t want to see it anyway.

I enjoyed it. The CGI fight stuff didn’t impact my viewing at all.

I didn’t think it was even mildly “woke”. The bar owner was a black woman. Who gives a shit? She wasn’t gay, trans, anti Trump, anything as far as I could tell. She owned a bar inherited from her uncle. The girlfriend wasn’t woke either. She was some form of Hispanic but so what it’s Florida, every third person down here is Hispanic. The bartender was a chubby actress that could have liked boys and could have liked girls. No way to tell and I’m not sure how anyone got “woke” out of chubby with a bad haircut. If that’s the criteria I’m screwed. Lol

Jake Gylxxxxx (no idea the spelling) was an enjoyable Dalton. As for beating MacGregor, well shit dude it’s a fucking movie. I also believe Star Destroyers are real for 2 hours.

The IED was a stretch but it didn’t quite work either so I guess that was their nod to he’s no Navy SEAL.

It was a fun little movie, JG was good, MacGregor was good in a weird wildly overacted way, fun story, satisfying fights. I would recommend it in a bar fight western genre.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it last night and it was a decent way to spend some time. Different enough from the original and I'm a Gyllenhaal fan.

Posts: 377 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5060 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post