SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Peripheral on Prime
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Peripheral on Prime Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted
Having watched the first couple of episodes, I'm in for more so far.

Mild NSFW language in the trailer:

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I have watched the first two episodes, and it was entertaining, I will follow it.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
We tried it and liked it. It is kind of unexpectedly well written. Does anyone know what day of the week they will be adding new episodes?

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'll check it out, I need a new show to watch

Of the 5 million shows that I haven't watched on all of the channels, they are all crap. It's amazing to me

Posts: 5334 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Definitely will give this a look, thanks.

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
We tried it and liked it. It is kind of unexpectedly well written. Does anyone know what day of the week they will be adding new episodes?

Friday

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

posted Hide Post
I'm pending ep3. I like it quite a bit so far and I'm curious to see where it goes.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:

It's based on a William Gibson book, so the source material is solid.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I’m watching and enjoying it.

So far, I’ve only got one quibble (*minor spoiler here*): At the beginning, the show portrays Flynne’s brother, Burton, as kind of a bum. He’s living in a trailer behind the house, sitting around all day drinking and playing video games. Suddenly, he’s transformed into a badass leader of a squad of retired operators. Eek

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6417 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
You have a point. I thought of that briefly as they seemed to portray him in an increasingly intelligent light.
Then I just kinda let it go.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I’m watching and enjoying it.

So far, I’ve only got one quibble (*minor spoiler here*): At the beginning, the show portrays Flynne’s brother, Burton, as kind of a bum. . . . .

It's always good to be reminded you never know who people are from one visit to their living rooms. Never assume anything.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
It’s from a William Gibson (cyberpunk writer) novel.

Should be quite interesting. Will watch.

Loved the Neuromancer novels and Johnny MNeumonic movie with young K. Reeves was ok in its day. Can’t remember New Rose Hotel at all.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12124 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
3 episodes in so far, so good.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Having a hard time getting into it after two episodes. Not that it's bad, I just don't care for the story line.

I will say that Chloe Moretz is a much better actress than I gave her credit for.

Posts: 20118 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Watched the 4th episode at lunch today. Makes you think. Getting even better IMO.

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’ve enjoyed it so far. Love well done sci fi.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5328 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Apart from the quibble I mentioned before, I am enjoying it. Intriguing story, good, solid characters, no ridiculous plot twists (so far).

I’m not a big tv watcher and it’s been a while since I was interested enough in a show to look forward to the next episode dropping.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6417 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I finished this season off tonight, it was good sci-fi, well done with good action. Hope we get another season.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Two episodes in. Very good.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode, my reaction was along the lines of "Huh? What?" Maybe I'll give it another shot. Maybe.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post