Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Member |
I've never noticed before. Perhaps it wasn't too common for the shows I've watched. But I realize now that I can't watch shows where story continuity spans across seasons. One year later, I don't really remember anything about the show or what's happened so far. So starting to watch the new season is like starting a movie that's already more than halfway done. I can things like Bosch or Goliath. Same character but the main storyline changes each season - each season / story is somewhat independent. But Silo is proving difficult. I don't remember what happened last season. Why does the character not have her memory? Why is she back home? Why is she now mayor? So, seems like I need to refresher somehow or just give up the show. I could press on but again, it's like watching a movie that's halfway done; not very enjoyable. Or as enjoyable as it should / could be. I guess I'm getting grumpy with age. Hummmfph. "Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book | ||
|
| Purveyor of Fine Avatars ![]() |
Most dramas have continuity across their entire run. Stories may be different episode to episode or season to season, but the overall effect of their experiences carries across the whole series. If you find yourself having difficulty following along, definitely stay away from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). "I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes" | |||
|
| Member |
That’s okay. General character continuity is okay as long as the main storyline is independent. Like how Bosch was. But if I watch E1 of the new season and have no idea what’s going on even though I remember the characters, that’s not fun for me. I have no idea what MCU is but I’ll stay away. "Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book | |||
|
Spread the Disease![]() |
I watch YouTube recaps of the previous seasons. Many can do a good job of refreshing me in 5-10 minutes after waiting a year. Just search for "youtube silo season X recap". Many recaps span multiple seasons. ________________________________________ -- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. -- | |||
|
Member![]() |
I enjoyed Bosch for this. Some character development that spanned seasons, but each season had a focus on a single 'bad guy' The Enemy's gate is down. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

