SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Project Blue Book….better than X files so far!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project Blue Book….better than X files so far! Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
If you like science fiction and skirting the lines close between truth and conspiracy theories you will likely adore this 2 season series.

The actor who plays Little Finger in Game of Thrones delivers a spectacular performance!

Anyone else a fan of this series? The two part Roswell episode in season 2 was just superb! I love the twist at the end that you never see coming.

It’s free on hulu Amazon Prime if you don’t mind the commercials.

This show had me hooked from the opening sequence which is a dogfight between an American airplane and a UFO.

*** corrected to include the correct site to stream it for free w/ commercial’s***

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21122 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty good!

I recognize the one main guy from the Queen movie.

Posts: 33865 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Is that Captain Mantell?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I don't see it on Hulu. But it is on Peacock.

Thanks for the suggestion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30425 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan, My wife and I would watch every episode as they appeared on the History Channel. So far no release date on Season 3 Frown

The guy the show is based on also consulted with Spielberg on Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind. He also coined that phrase, "close encounters of the 3rd kind". I love how the show has a 'docudrama' vibe making it feel real, with each episode seemingly the retelling of an actual unexplained event.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh crap! I’m sorry Balzé you’re absolutely right. It isn’t in Hulu it’s free (with commercials) on Amazon Prime.

I’ll fix the original post.

The relationship between Dr. Haynek & Captain Quinn is also extremely well done. The series is so much fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21122 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have really enjoyed this show as well.

Posts: 2337 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yeah I have enjoyed both seasons. I really like the episode with the filming of the movie close encounters.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I'll give it a whirl.

Posts: 7544 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
It was one of my favorite shows for a while. I keep hearing that there are plans for a 3rd season on History or possibly a streaming service but I wish they would get on with it and actually make the darn season. I would love to see a lot more of the show. I enjoy watching it still.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Is that Captain Mantell?

Yes, Season 1, episode 1 is loosely based on Captain Mantell. The names, location and even the plane was altered to avoid any legal issues I suppose but the story was 100% inspired by that real event.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
It was one of my favorite shows for a while. I keep hearing that there are plans for a 3rd season on History or possibly a streaming service but I wish they would get on with it and actually make the darn season. I would love to see a lot more of the show. I enjoy watching it still.

Apparently there will be no 3rd season. I just saw this.

"As a result, the decision to stop airing it on History was made at a corporate level, with the network suspending all scripted programming. As a result, season 3 of 'Project Blue Book' has been officially cancelled."Jan 19, 2022

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Apparently there will be no 3rd season. I just saw this.

"As a result, the decision to stop airing it on History was made at a corporate level, with the network suspending all scripted programming. As a result, season 3 of 'Project Blue Book' has been officially cancelled."Jan 19, 2022

Jim

Dammit. It figures though because I really liked this show...which is usually a death sentence for the program.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m starting to watch this. The premise sounds interesting.

But the opening scene: pilot open firing on an unknown object without trying to hail it or otherwise identify it while over civilian space is reasonable? Especially something clearly with superior speed and agility?

Maybe I’m really getting too old.

ETA: several episodes in. Interesting but also frustrating with all the denials, cover stories, government knows best. It's part of the story and expected for the story. But government acting like they know best and hiding information just pisses me off these days.

ETA2: did gay bars exist back then? Perhaps so. But is it integral to the story line here? Or just a woke insertion? I'm okay with the former, the latter just pisses me off these days. Sarah is very attractive - I wish that was more common these days (not just her looks, but clothes and the way she carries herself; feminine, confident, capable and no trace of valley girl).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12752 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I checked it out, and I liked it well enough, but Sufferin' Teapot! Commercials at what seemed like every 3-5 minutes?

Fut dat.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15270 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I checked it out, and I liked it well enough, but Sufferin' Teapot! Commercials at what seemed like every 3-5 minutes?

Fut dat.

I thought commercials were going to be an issue based on prior imdb experience. But I'm only getting 15-45sec of commercials at the beginning, in the middle and maybe towards the end? Definitely not 3-5 minutes - only 2-3 times per the whole show. I wonder why....

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12752 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I thought commercials were going to be an issue based on prior imdb experience. But I'm only getting 15-45sec of commercials at the beginning, in the middle and maybe towards the end? Definitely not 3-5 minutes - only 2-3 times per the whole show. I wonder why....

I've watched other shows on IMDb and that's been my experience as well. I thought perhaps it was some sort of anomaly and I toughed it out through the whole first episode. I didn't have a stopwatch but I know there were 6 or 8 commercial interruptions, some 2 minutes or more long, in an hour long episode.

I might try another this evening but if that's gonna be the norm, it's a deal killer.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15270 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Yea, 2 minutes every ten or 20% would be a deal breaker for me too.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve been watching it on Amazon Prime and the number of commercials doesn’t seem excessive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm look into it later. But as I'm watching this, I'm assuming that Project BB is disbanded but that something is still running in its place? Don't hear much about UFOs and aliens these days.

One question: sightings and events, if true, only in the US? Or Project BB has similar teams in other countries? Are UFOs/aliens just a theory in the US?