SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Olivia de Havilland 103rd birthday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olivia de Havilland 103rd birthday Login/Join 
The Constable
posted
https://www.forbes.com/sites/m...ns-103/#49b28c3267a2

As a fan of the Errol Flynn swashbucklers I'm of course also a fan of Olivia de Havilland as she starred with him in a few memorable 1930's films. But she is probably best known for her part in "Gone With the Wind".

Happy 103rd!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday. I remember her first in The Adventures of Robin Hood.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. I recall her most in "Gone with the Wind." The older I get the more I appreciate those films.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Kirk Douglas is a centenarian as well.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Good for her...may she have many more years (as long as they are kind to her...Psalms 90:10)...my wife always said Melanie from Gone With The Wind was a sweet soul...she felt her personality was coming through in her character Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look for a DVD copy of "The Heiress" 1949. She won an Best Actress award.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Wow just 15 minuets ago finished watching her in "Dodge City" 1939 also with Flynn. She looked so young I looked up her bio she was born in 1916 in Tokyo of all places, and I was surprised there was no date of death given.
Great Actress.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...0RsDAB&index=81&t=0s

A poor video but go to the 35 sec point and there's Olivia as beautiful as ever. She was a stunner.

That ending is also one of my favorites.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cheers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post