SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP Grant Imahara :(
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Grant Imahara :( Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

"Imahara died suddenly following a brain aneurysm, The Hollywood Reporter has learned."

These "reporters" need to educate themselves a little better.

I think I need to be educated on this too Smile . Are you saying that he didn't die from the aneurysm???

Q, by no means am I qualified to be anything in a surgery room except the patient, what are we missing?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
he seemed like a cool dude -- one who didn't make you feel stupid in contrasts to his intelligence Smile

i enjoyed those shows - actually might learn something interesting as opposed to all the garbage on TV.

RIP Mr. Imahara

============================================

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Certainly gone too soon.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Fuck you 2020 Frown

RIP Grant.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Adam Savage recorded a video today about Grant and posted it to his Tested channel on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TG_pm98W8c

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

"Imahara died suddenly following a brain aneurysm, The Hollywood Reporter has learned."

These "reporters" need to educate themselves a little better.

I think I need to be educated on this too Smile . Are you saying that he didn't die from the aneurysm???

Q, by no means am I qualified to be anything in a surgery room except the patient, what are we missing?

You don't die suddenly following a brain aneurysm. What does that even mean, dying "following an aneurysm" or "from an aneurysm"? A brain aneurysm is something something people have for years, and they don't even know they have it until they find out by one of the following ways.

1- They have symptoms, go to doc, have an MRI done and find the cause.
2- They are asymptomatic but found the aneurysm incidentally while doc does a diagnostic workup on something else.
3- The aneurysm ruptures, resulting in bleeding causing massive brain damage, and they die.

If I had to guess, Imahara died because of #3, the rupture of the aneurysm. You don't die just because you have an aneurysm sitting around doing nothing. Most aneurysms are small and do not rupture.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
3- The aneurysm ruptures, resulting in bleeding causing massive brain damage, and they die.

If I had to guess, Imahara died because of #3, the rupture of the aneurysm. You don't die just because you have an aneurysm sitting around doing nothing. Most aneurysms are small and do not rupture.

Yup. I have an aneurysm on my aorta. It's just there, going along fine until something happens...like enlarging from stresses, then a rupture. As long as I watch/control my BP and be reasonable with my diet, it'll remain just sitting there, going along fine. At least that's the theory according to my cardiologist.

RIP, young Imahara. Such a shame at that youthful of an age. He and his cohorts Kari and Tory were always entertaining to watch. Fact is, Mythbusters pretty much lost me as a regular viewer when they cut those three from the show.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post