SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Michael Caine/Harry Palmer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Caine/Harry Palmer Login/Join 
posted
Loved Funeral in Berlin, liked the Ipcress File.
Couldn't warm up to Billion Dollar Brain, and couldn't muster enthusiasm for the later Harry Palmer made for TV movies. What am I missing?

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fourth Protocol wasn't Harry Palmer, but the character was very close.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the Harry Palmer movies, never seen them but if you like Michael Caine check out the movie Harry Brown. It's a damn good crime drama.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Fourth Protocol wasn't Harry Palmer, but the character was very close.

And it was a great movie.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6037 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I got this one on DVD from Amazon some months back, but unfortunately they only offered one that was apparently dubbed in Korean, then re-dubbed in English. The sync isn't great, and is annoying in some places, but it's the only one I could find in US format.

The rest I DVR'd from TCM last year or the year before, so at least I can watch them until our receiver craps out.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Hairy Palmer? Eek

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post