SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Your Life’s soundtrack in three bands
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Life’s soundtrack in three bands Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Three is tough, but here goes…

The Police
U2
Waylon Jennings

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a hard time limiting to three on my first reply. I have since thought on it more, and have decided to do a round two.

Depeche Mode (not beyond Playing the Angel)
Green Day (not beyond Nimrod)
Eve6

Posts: 2150 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
Johnny Cash
Credence Clearwater Revival
ZZ Top

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Lynyrd Skynyrd

Jimi Hendrix

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Rush

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
almost impossible but I'd say
1) The Beatles. My dad was a Beatles addict and his love for music shaped my love for music. I love the band but I actually like late Beatles whereas he loved their earlier stuff. I was born in 1982 so well after they broke up.

2) The Black Crowes. My favorite band. They were the band during my youth that was making music like the older stuff I listened to with my dad like LZ, Stones, Faces, CCR, GFR, etc. This band is so much more than just their first record.

3) Ryan Adams (not Bryan.) I grew up listening to singer-songwriters like CSN, James Taylor, Elton, etc, and then I really got into alt-country and Americana music in college. No one had a bigger impact on me than Ryan Adams and his previous band Whiskeytown. Incredible songwriter who has a huge catalog and a diverse style from punk to classic country. Really underrated artist.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Willie Nelson
The Eagles
Bob Seger

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
1. Metallica
2. Johnny Cash
3. Loreena Mckennitt

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Neil Young

Peter Gabriel

Jimmy Buffet

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Starland Vocal Band
Captain and Tennille
Sonny and Cher

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The Who
Jimmy Buffett
Johnny Cash

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Merle Haggard
The Four Seasons
The Smithereens

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post