SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anne With An E - on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anne With An E - on Netflix Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
I just started watching this last night and it hooked me. Great first episode! Based on the early 1900's classic, Anne of Green Gables, taking place on Prince Edward Island.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38685 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it filmed in modern times? Or a modern rendition of the classic?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's still set in the original late 1800s timeframe.

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
It's well-produced. It lacks the charm of the Megan Follows series from the '80s. Anne with an E goes for a much starker, realistic feel, and pretty much bails from Lucy Maud Montgomery's books. While Anne traditionally got into trouble but was resilient and able to charm her way out of situations, you can sense that Amybeth McNulty's Anne is loopy because her childhood was so dark and traumatizing.

I did enjoy the Netflix series, but my main complaint is its massive attempts at wokeness. It's not the wokeness itself that bothers me, but the series introduces so many characters and storylines to address it, it gets bogged down in the subplots. Anne disappears for many of the episodes, but her name is the name of the show!

Posts: 5586 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post