Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doom Patrol Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
Anybody watched this? I just found it on HBO and noticed some actors I like in the cast. Staring to watch.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
It's a spin-off from Titans.
I watched a few episodes - I think a whole season.
"Eh" is about all I'd give it.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aller Anfang ist schwer
Picture of Tavman
posted Hide Post
I agree. "Eh" is a pretty good description.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Fayetteville, AR | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I dug it. But I like weird and quirky.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
It wasn’t spectacular, but I enjoyed it. I’ll probably watch the next season when it comes out. I like crazy Jane and Rita, and it’s nice to see Brendan Frazier working again. I thought the guy they got for Cyborg was not that great of an actor. Overall, I’d say that much worse has been done with much more money with DC properties in the past decade, and at least it is watchable.

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The actress playing crazy Jane is amazing.

Robotman is pretty much my inside voice. Smile

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
…….ok more often then not my outside voice. Smile Frown

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tavman:
I agree. "Eh" is a pretty good description.

Yep.

It's weird and quirky and sometimes fun and funny, but also sometimes boring and noticeably low-budget.

Crazy Jane's actress is great.

Rita's actress grates on me.

Robotman's character and mannerisms are annoying, though it's good to see Brendan Fraser back in the saddle after all he went through.

Cyborg's actor is not a good actor at all.

Some of the supporting characters are more interesting than the main characters, like the blatant Constantine ripoff guy Kipling. (It appears Doom Patrol couldn't get the rights to Constantine back in the day, so they created this clone character.)

And they hammer the LGBTQ angle a little too hard in some episodes.

Watchable if you're bored, but don't go out of your way for it.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
…….ok more often then not my outside voice. Smile Frown

I only turn into Cliff when I step on a Lego!

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
A little underwhelming and I skip over a lot of parts. But I'm still watching so far (Ep 4).

I'm weirdly attracted to the actress that plays Rita - I enjoyed her when she was 2 1/2 Men (I didn't like the show; didn't watch it except for a few episodes when April was a character).

Crazy Jane is interesting - not sure what to make of her. She is annoying and rude. But seems to have some good sides to her.

This is all kind of X-man / Umbrella Academy.

I like Brendan in the mummy series. But he's just okay here. Was hoping more of Wash but nothing here.

Agree - mostly meh but still watching for now. If not for April, I would have stopped.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Crazy Jane is interesting - not sure what to make of her. She is annoying and rude. But seems to have some good sides to her.

Crazy Janes gets even better as you go along, once they begin exploring her multiple personalities. There are entire episodes that take place inside her head, with all her various personalities in play.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post