New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blazing Saddles Login/Join 
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
We almost lost a $400 handcar.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes
. Big Grin

Saw this t-shirt and am seriously considering ordering one:

WHERE CAN I GET ONE?!!!

Posts: 306 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Y'all fellow Mel Brooks aficionados might enjoy this interview from The Tonight Show (1974).

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/oSErjprCDaY

Johnny: "Where are you from originally?"
Robyn: "Twin Falls, ID."
Johnny: "...Figures..."
Big Grin

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The fact that you sent him here just goes to prove that you are the leading asshole in the state.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm tempted as well:
https://www.teepublic.com/t-sh...ane-memorial-thruway

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think that its probably the funniest, most incorrect movie ever made, and we probably won't ever see anything like it ever again

fortunately that makes it immune from any attempt by Hollywood to do a remake

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Y'all fellow Mel Brooks aficionados might enjoy this interview from The Tonight Show (1974).

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/oSErjprCDaY

Here's what came on after her. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP1naABS7e4

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite movies.

A hilarious comedy, that spends hours making fun of racism.

Ironically, SJW's have tried to shut it down from it's viewing on TV. Of course, since it contains the word "nigger" it is obviously untouchable. Despite the fact that the basic premise of the movie mocks racism... Hard to imagine the actual point escapes a social justice warrior...

A classic film and one I enjoy each and every time.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
He said the Sheriff is near.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
One of my favorite movies.

A hilarious comedy, that spends hours making fun of racism.

Ironically, SJW's have tried to shut it down from it's viewing on TV. Of course, since it contains the word "nigger" it is obviously untouchable. Despite the fact that the basic premise of the movie mocks racism... Hard to imagine the actual point escapes a social justice warrior...

A classic film and one I enjoy each and every time.

I've had to explain that to a couple of people. Blazing Saddles makes white people look like an incredible group of idiots. Love it. Big Grin

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I put a phrase under my email signature, my current

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives"

"DITTO"

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You would do it for Randolph Scott"...

Crowd chants: "Randolph Scott".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Pryor cam up with this little gem.

Nice little collection.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.

"What do you like to do?"

"Oh, I don't know....play chess....screw...."

"Why don't we play chess?"

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
The role of the Waco Kid was originally set to be portrayed by a washed up alcoholic actor. He didn't make it past his first scene. The upside down jail cell scene.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gig_Young

"After a substantial supporting role in Lovers and Other Strangers in 1970, alcoholism began to cost him roles. He collapsed on the set of the comedy film Blazing Saddles during his first day of shooting due to alcohol withdrawal, and was fired".

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A favorite joke I did not hear until last viewing was a guy saying "that's the end of this suit". Made me laugh, even subtle background jokes going on...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not I have never seen it.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here!

Posts: 6 | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conspirator of Mopery
Picture of dbldwn11
posted Hide Post
"Of course you'll have the good taste not to mention that I've spoken to you"

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: March 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post