SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The new season of "Archer" starts may 29 !!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new season of "Archer" starts may 29 !!! Login/Join 
posted
The title says it all - Archer and the rest of the gang on the FXX channel.

Posts: 81 | Location: Springfield. USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squint:
The title says it all - Archer and the rest of the gang on the FXX channel.

Archer in Space! Supposedly the last season.

Posts: 3340 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Heck yeah, thanks for heads up

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'd have been excited but the shows been off it's game since they ended ISIS. I feel like the office once Steve carrell left. I'm more just watching for the story at this point. There's still some good stuff here and there but its not hot me excited . I'd love to be wrong and the earlier stuff is still gold

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to tomorrow!

I used to turn my nose up at Archer until I watched Season 9. It had me hooked from the start and I liked it so much I had to go back and watch the rest of the show. I am really excited about the new season and if it is good I’d love to see them keep the '1999' theme going for a few seasons.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Hoping this season is good. I’m kind of meh about 7 and 8 but season 9 was great. I still watch seasons 1-6.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Even though season 8 was slow, it is however a wonderful send off / love letter to George Cohen.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Plugged into my DVR, can’t wait.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liked the first seasons where they were a spy agency. Didn’t like the Archer Vice season or last season Danger Island, or whatever it was called. Thought the season where they were a detective agency on the West Coast was OK.

I thought in a lot of cases the supporting player like Cheryl, Pam ,and Dr. Krieger were funnier in their original spy agency guises because they seemed more messed up.

Posts: 3340 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I recorded it and watched it over lunch

I was underwhelmed

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I recorded it and watched it over lunch

I was underwhelmed

Have to agree. It was pretty boring. Got the references to Sci Fi movies and the CGI boosted animation looked good, but it seems like the show has become pretty sanitized. Dr. Krieger is now a dull human looking android (like in the Alien series), Cheryl is now a moody ace fighter pilot, and Pam’s now a rock monster (like in Thor:Ragnarok, but considerably less funny). Hope it gets better, but right now it seems less interesting than Danger Island.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yeah, and its the same old cast of foils...

they had a lot to work with, and they pretty much trashed it from the gitgo

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post