SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Beautiful Ronnie Spector Passed Away Today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Beautiful Ronnie Spector Passed Away Today Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I hope she just went to sleep.

Posts: 13225 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13225 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Just like Ronnie says:

Posts: 7449 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She performed well into her seventies. Crazy life married to Phil Spector who locked her up and controlled for years.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I hope she just went to sleep.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LnRCk6DN9EE" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Somehow I knew this would be the first post Big Grin

RIP Ronnie

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3443 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.rollingstone.com/m...b-sheffield-1283861/
^^^^^^
Great article in the Rolling Stone. I was really taken with her back in the day. Most people do not realize that the Beatles and the Stones idealized her. She and Keith Richards were friends for years.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Great article in the Rolling Stone. I was really taken with her back in the day. Most people do not realize that the Beatles and the Stones idealized her. She and Keith Richards were friends for years.

Keith’s autobiography says they were more than friends.

posted Hide Post
Well you know Kiss and Tell.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
She performed well into her seventies. Crazy life married to Phil Spector who locked her up and controlled for years.

I read yesterday that the final straw with that insane mofo was when he took her into the basement and showed her a gold plated CASKET with a clear glass top and told her that's where she would be going and staying if she ever tried to leave him.

She fled that night with the clothes on her back.

Holy shit Eek

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Growing up in the 70-80's, I wasn't familiar with Ronnie Spector until Eddie Money's Take Me Home Tonight. I had MTV on and the host comes on and tells who the artist are, walking past my Dad pipes-up with, What!? Ronnie Spector...she's still singing?

Uhhh, who's that? I replied and proceeded to get a 10-minute explanation of a R&B legend.

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
RIP Ronnie Spector: A great talent!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
RIP and THANKS for the memories!

Posts: 4620 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.rollingstone.com/m...b-sheffield-1283861/
^^^^^^

The article about her was great. It’s been awhile since I read “Life,” Keith’s autobiography. My recollection is that it wasn’t so much “kiss and tell” as it was a love lost that he pined for, and for a long time.