SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Raylan Givens is BACK!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raylan Givens is BACK! Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
In a limited series.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/c...g-raylan-givens/amp/

I hope Art returns in some way.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I will be giving it a look. I really enjoyed the series.

Hopefully its not too screwed up.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Well, now I'm going to have to pony up for a month or two of FX's streaming service once this is released, to rewatch Justified and catch this new series.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I will be giving it a look. I really enjoyed the series.

Hopefully its not too screwed up.

Man, I think it’ll be a great addition.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Sounds great, I really liked Justified!

Here's the synopsis:

quote:

Having left the hollers of Kentucky eight years ago, Raylan Givens now lives in Miami, a walking anachronism balancing his life as a U.S. Marshal and part-time father of a 14-year-old girl. His hair is grayer, his hat is dirtier, and the road in front of him is suddenly a lot shorter than the road behind. A chance encounter on a desolate Florida highway sends him to Detroit. There he crosses paths with Clement Mansell, aka The Oklahoma Wildman, a violent, sociopathic desperado who's already slipped through the fingers of Detroit's finest once and aims to do so again. Mansell's lawyer, formidable Motor City native Carolyn Wilder, has every intention of representing her client, even as she finds herself caught in between cop and criminal, with her own game afoot as well. These three characters set out on a collision course in classic Elmore Leonard fashion, to see who makes it out of the City Primeval alive.

Link

Fun fact: the Security Director at my company (now retired from here too) was John F. Clark who was the Director of the US Marshals Service from 2005-2010. I once asked him if he had ever watched Justified and if it was realistic, he laughed sort of rolled his eyes and said something like "We weren't as exciting as the TV show!"

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Well, now I'm going to have to pony up for a month or two of FX's streaming service once this is released, to rewatch Justified and catch this new series.

There are very few things for which I'd be willing to increase our monthly TV-watching fees, but this might be one of them.

I'll await reviews.

Hopefully, spoiler-free reviews.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look forward to it!

Posts: 763 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
OMG, I want the DVD NOW!!!!!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Look forward to it, Justified was one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That's awesome! Justified is my favorite show!

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Not sure the cost of FX streaming but justified is on Hulu.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Not sure the cost of FX streaming but justified is on Hulu.

I'm watching it right now on Hulu. It was the reason I singed on, that and they have all of the Fargo series.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw the announcement. Will it be as good without Boyd Crowder? Because I couldn't tell if he was going to be in it at all.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Terrific! I still rewatch Justified episodes or clips. IMO the best writing and dialogue of any series in many years.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
I saw the announcement. Will it be as good without Boyd Crowder? Because I couldn't tell if he was going to be in it at all.

I doubt it. It’s set in Florida this time

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Cool! Justified was my second favorite TV series behind the original Magnum P.I.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this one!

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Hope this comes out on disc someday.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:

I doubt it. It’s set in Florida this time

Nope.

quote:

The story is inspired by Elmore Leonard’s novel City Primeval: High Noon in Detroit.

Here’s the storyline: “Having left the hollers of Kentucky eight years ago, Raylan Givens now lives in Miami, a walking anachronism balancing his life as a U.S. Marshal and part-time father of a 14-year-old girl. His hair is grayer, his hat is dirtier, and the road in front of him is suddenly a lot shorter than the road behind. A chance encounter on a desolate Florida highway sends him to Detroit. There he crosses paths with Clement Mansell, aka The Oklahoma Wildman, a violent, sociopathic desperado who’s already slipped through the fingers of Detroit’s finest once and aims to do so again. Mansell’s lawyer, formidable Motor City native Carolyn Wilder, has every intention of representing her client, even as she finds herself caught in between cop and criminal, with her own game afoot as well. These three characters set out on a collision course in classic Elmore Leonard fashion, to see who makes it out of the City Primeval alive.”

Ref: FX Reviving ‘Justified’ Starring Timothy Olyphant for New Limited Series

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Like a kid in the car asking "Are we there yet?"...

When?

When?

When?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post