SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ever watch a show or film in it’s entirety even though it is strange, awkward, and makes you feel a bit uncomfortable??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever watch a show or film in it’s entirety even though it is strange, awkward, and makes you feel a bit uncomfortable?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
Blue Velvet

Beat me to it!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one and only movie I ever walk out on because it was so freaking strange. Pink Flamingos. I was in college too. Movie was just gross.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
The Mafu Cage.

I don't know why I watched it all the way through, but to this day it creeps me out to think of it.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
A Clokwork Orange and the Shining. Kubrick was the master of making you feel uncomfortable but also some of the best films ever made in cinema.

Gaspar Noe’s Irreversible. Irreversible is one of the hardest films I’ve ever watched but also one of the best films I have ever seen.

And one from last year, Good Time. I’d rent this one if you can.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Finished up the season.
Like a train wreck you can’t stop watching.
Odd show for sure not entirely bummed I watched it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The Man In The High Castle made me feel like that in a lot of spots

I agree. I found myself sympathizing with almost every character at some point, and that felt wrong.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Under the Skin. No idea how I came across it. It felt weird but I couldn’t stop watching.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1441395/?ref_=m_ttpl

Concur.

Just save yourselves the time/trouble and look for clips of the booby scenes.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Parents

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post