SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Lady Thor???" You've Got To Be Kidding!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Lady Thor???" You've Got To Be Kidding! Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
More Natalie Portman? I’m in!

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A woman being worthy of mjolnir was fun for one comic but an entire movie? Not interested and it doesn't irritate me anywhere near as much as the multi racial Asgard. That was absolute pc stupidity.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Black Widow is coming in her own film, and some lady is the director.

Lady Thor is coming, with some woman as the director.

All this news is coming out of recent comic con.

The only thing cool I read about all this shit, is Blade is coming back. My favorite character in all this superho bullshit. Mahershala Ali will be taking over from Snipes. Ali is an excellent actor and Oscar winner (X2). Last big film for him was Green Book. At least they didn't turn the new Blade into a lesbian woman. I hope they can get Jessica Biel back Razz

Marvel is putting a heavy emphasis on female leads, female directors, and people of color. Sounds just like their Star Wars mentality. Let's see how much the superho infatuated fans will take of all this. Marvel is definitely migrating towards the millennial fanbase. SJW is coming like a flood from a storm.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
As soon as I saw this casting I thought of Keira Knightly in King Arthur with Clive Owen in the title role. She was a fierce warrior too Big Grin

It's the new Pict Steel-look, coming to a fashion show near you.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
"The Shield Maiden Sagas"

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
RogueJSK,Orguss- my embarrassment is extreme... Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You know it is all made-up, right? (Apologies to any Viking deists out there.) In the made-up Marvel world, Thor can be a girl, a wombat, or whatever.

If you can't enjoy a woman Thor, don't go see it.

Easy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
In the made-up Marvel world, Thor can be a girl, a wombat, or whatever.

Or a space alien. (Beta Ray Bill)

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they do make it a female, at least make it someone who is plausible for the part. I know it is pretend but a little 100 pound girl is not very threatening. At least with Wonder Women, they got it right.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I'm fine with she-Thor. Give me a good story and good acting and you can tell whatever fictitious shit you feel like. I mean, the comic books themselves certainly don't seem to care about throwing everything out the window and playing around with 'alternate realities' or whatever. There have been many great comics based on "what if" type stories that throw out canon.

Natalie Portman is capable of great acting, and she was under-utilized in the first Thor, and apparently phoning it in during the second one. If she actually WANTS to be here for this movie, and has something to do other than be a damsel in distress, she might do a really good job. I do admit, she is a bit small for a believable warrior woman, but I blame Hollywood. Not all of these studios are willing to cast ladies like Gina Carano in Deadpool, or whatever the ladies name was that played Vasquez in Aliens. I won't pretend that I don't enjoy pretty ladies in boob-armor, but it does strain credulity.

Plus, I laughed my butt off at Thor Ragnarok, so I'm willing to give the director some leeway and see if he can do as good of a job the second time around. I mean, it can't be any worse than Green Lantern was, and I watched that!

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Awakening the morning after the orgy, the god of war was stretching sleepily when he noticed a lovely Valkyrie standing in the doorway.
"Good morning," he said. "I'm Thor."
"You're thor?" she replied. "I'm tho thor I can hardly pith."

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
If they do make it a female, at least make it someone who is plausible for the part. I know it is pretend but a little 100 pound girl is not very threatening. At least with Wonder Women, they got it right.

One of my gripes amongst this run of super hero genre films. While the guys all get into shape, most of women, other than Gal Gadot, aren't doing much to be physically convincing, looking at you Scarlet Johansson. Women body structure are predisposed for muscular lower bodies...haven't seen any female heros with meaty asses and thighs yet, let alone shoulders/arms. Hard to believe there's no aspiring actresses that don't do cross-fit.

Time for Hollywood to start casting their stunt-women into character leads:

Zoe Bell (Death Proof, Hela body double)
Monique Ganderton (played Proxima Midnight body double, Atomic Blonde stunts)

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Hard to believe there's no aspiring actresses that don't do cross-fit.

Time for Hollywood to start casting their stunt-women into character leads

Some TV shows have started to catch on. Like Katheryn Winnick, the lead actress from Vikings.

She's a former martial arts instructor and stuntwoman turned lead actress, and a great choice for the role of a Viking warrior-queen.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post