SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DCS World, anyone play?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DCS World, anyone play? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Not the same vein. But: if you like flight sims. Check out Avenger_one on YouTube. He does a bunch of videos and is a bada** pilot in star citizen. It’s a space sim versus atmo sim.

But it’s super fun. But if you’ve already got some sticks set up. It would be easy to step into. (Sticks not mandatory. I don’t have any.)

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking to hopefully be flying this by the end of the year.

Posts: 143 | Location: San Diego, California | Registered: May 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of interesting projects in the pipeline for sure. Phantom, Mudhen, Typhoon, Corsair, Kiowa, Crusader, Intruder and a full fidelity Mig-29. It sure is easy to spend a lot of money on a "free" game Big Grin

On that note, I'm in the middle of PC upgrade just for DCS.

posted Hide Post
I'm strangely excited about the opportunity to do supply runs now. Now to resist the urge to get a yoke and 4 engine throttle controls for it. Going to include a KC-130J as well for mid-air refueling and possible an AC-130 version later on.

Posts: 143 | Location: San Diego, California | Registered: May 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too. We're already planning a "how low can you tank" competition Big Grin

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Interesting. My favorite non-US jets of the Cold War era. Keeping an eye on this.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/952-UT2aHak

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I saw the server crashed with everyone trying to get that map. I'm in the middle of moving but once settled, I'm definitely getting it.

DCS really makes some gorgeous videos.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16172 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
I have a habit of getting too low when I strafe German airfields.

-Tom

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Replacement Tommel,

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ready for some Striking.

Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I gather they keep pushing back the release of the Strike Eagle.

Give me a few months. I had to do some computer shuffling what with the move and all, so now I'm planning on building a DCS-only PC.

Posts: 16172 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprise release of the Strike Eagle this morning. Seems a lot more complicated than the Hornet, but that’s likely because I fly the Hornet the most. Should be fun figuring out all the systems.

quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I gather they keep pushing back the release of the Strike Eagle.

Give me a few months. I had to do some computer shuffling what with the move and all, so now I'm planning on building a DCS-only PC.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Oof! The two sexiest aircraft in the USAF.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
That's pretty hot.

I still haven't gotten around to even scratching the surface of any of the a/c. I sorta screwed up and bought a lot of the modules before even having a PC that'd handle DCS. LOL I'm probably gonna do the F-16 first.

posted Hide Post
Viper is my first and only love at this point. It does so many things so well. Love a good wild weasel mission. I’m a magnet for sa-1l’s.

I picked up the mudhen and have spent about an hour mapping controls and flying. Going to start with the radar and bvr first, then move on to strike stuff. First impression of the module is that it’s early access for sure. Maybe not as early as the vipers was on release, but still early.

posted Hide Post
I haven’t yet, but am actively exploring equipment. I’m all Apple products here, so need to start from scratch with a dedicated Windows based high-power gaming computer. It seems like the next big decision is whether to go down the VR path or real world switch panels. I know I won’t be happy with keyboard shortcuts.

This looks like it will get expensive.

Posts: 8942 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/iSIol57vcEI?si=lPD-CVifA__szqit

Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
DCS/Heatblur really do nice trailers.