SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Fictional Spy carry poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fictional Spy carry poll Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
A fun & quick poll for folks who know their pistols!

Question:
Your opinion on what a fictional spy like James Bond would covert carry in 2022?

Choices:
Sig P365
SA Hellcat
S&W Shield
Glock 43
Glock 42
Kahr 9mm
PPS M2
Ruger Max
J Frame / LCR
Kimber R7 Mako
PPK
Beretta 380
Seecamp 32/380
O t h e r

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I think the Sig 265 is the best choice. Something that needs to be concealed easily, but has serious enough punch when you need to take care of a bad guy/henchmen.

Walther PPS would be another good choice, and keep the Bond/Walther tradition going.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Voted as other.

It would be an SVI TIKI-T

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would opt for the universal tupperware: The G19. Maybe the MOS model. That said, Bond used full sized Walthers in a couple of earlier films.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walther PPS M2. It can be concealed in a tuxedo and its a Walther.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
PPK gets my first vote
PPS a probable 2nd.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted "other", thinking Walther.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
FN Five-seven 5.7mm

Posts: 5586 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Bond goes way back with Walther, the PPS would be a good choice.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Why would a fictional spy carry something readily available?

Plus, it's fiction. Go ahead, carry something small that doesn't bulge your tailored suit. Why not? You never have to reload, plus your every shot hits, while the enemy learned to shoot at Imperial Stormtrooper House of Weaponry. Wink

Posts: 15032 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Voted Glock 42 but it could easily be a Ruger LCP. Bond is a spy, only needing a deep cover defense piece. Bond went downhill (or changed into something different) when it turned into an action series.

Posts: 9969 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I voted "other", because if Phoebe Waller-Bridge has her way the only thing carried will be a European Man Bag.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Seems I'm with the majority for a change with the 365 but in hind sight I would have gone with other... I think any new bond would stick with the PPK or better yet upgrade to the Sig P230.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post