SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dean Stockwell passes; age 85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dean Stockwell passes; age 85 Login/Join 
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movi...at-age-85/vi-AAQuQ5j

Lots and lots of feature film and TV show credits in his career.

Posts: 3227 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Awwww maaaaaaan!!! On the heels of the Dune thread, that's really sad.

I know it wasn't his most prolific role, but RIP, Dr. Wellington Yueh. Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Bingo, Bango, Bogno - he's made his final leap.

Godspeed on your journey home.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll always remember him for his role in Quantum Leap.

Didn't realize he received a number of awards for his part in Married to the Mob

Posts: 14697 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
RIP Dean.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9370 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll always remember him in Blue Velvet - the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.

Posts: 706 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Ziggy says there is a 100% chance this makes me sad.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
And I can't wait to see where the road leads from here. Dean Stockwell.. rest easy DS

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
RIP, Mr. Stockwell.

I thoroughly enjoyed your work.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Stockwell

He played a really good Bad Cylon...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3931 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was in a lot of movies, starting as a kid (I particularly enjoyed his performance in Cattle Drive).

A great actor, IMO.

Bob

Posts: 1583 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
I'll always remember him in Blue Velvet - the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.

Posts: 3509 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was an episode of Mannix in which Dean Stockwell appeared that was broadcast last night. He would have been about 35 at the time - full head of curly hair. As could be usual for him, he had a very intense portrayal of a character in it.

Posts: 2776 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post