SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dead To Me - Christina Applegate & Linda Cardellini (from Bloodline)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dead To Me - Christina Applegate & Linda Cardellini (from Bloodline) Login/Join 
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted
This popped up on our Netflix list. It looked like a girl-buddy show at first, & I reluctantly agreed to watch it with my wife. It's ten episodes of thirty minutes, so I figured I could endure it.

It starts out curiously amusing & evolves into something a little darker. I enjoyed it, & would watch a second season if they make one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vinnybass,

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes from the preview I couldn't tell if it was a buddy movie, comedy, or a stalker drama

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
All of the above.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
How have the years been treating Christina is she still Married With Children hot? Haven't seen her in anything for years.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
If you're a fan of this actress try Samantha Who? I'll definitely check out Dead to Me. Sounds fun.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I "binge" watched it a few days ago. Very good series and I'm looking forward to the next season!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
on E7.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I took my post /link down earlier after thinking I was wrong, while watching this show. Her character referenced a voluntary Mastectomy due to the rare gene that indicates a woman most likely WILL get breast cancer.
however that was NOT the case of Christina, she did in fact have Breast Cancer .
I stand correct that she IS a cancer survivor.
https://www.webmd.com/breast-c...tes-mastectomy-faq#1

The show is definitely a good watch

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
spoiler

i like the [ Sunset Blvd.] ending

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Applegate is underrated, IMHO. I think it was harder to play the bimbo role of Kelly from Married with Children than people realize. I will try out her new show.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode this afternoon. Wow, what an ending. I'm in.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
season 2 dropped.

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
season 2 dropped.

I assume you mean "now available" not canceled?

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
They got razor fucking sharp teeth dude. They'll shawshank their way into anything.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
season 2 dropped.

I assume you mean "now available" not canceled?

Yes, Season Two became available on Amazon Prime on Friday. I just finished it. Lots of twists and turns, like Season One. Some of them are pretty improbably to say the least, but overall it's an enjoyable diversion, especially if you're among those in self-quarantine.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Season 3 (the final season) is out on Netflix now. I enjoyed the first two seasons & expect to like this on as well.

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
Season 3 (the final season) is out on Netflix now. I enjoyed the first two seasons & expect to like this on as well.

After enjoying the first two seasons, my wife and I binged this new (and last, due to Applegate's MS diagnosis (and you can see how it impacted her in this season as she's rarely standing)) season, and it was okay...that dark, slightly macabre spark that made the first two seasons entertaining was a bit absent, and it was instead more about the friendship between the two women, heath issues, family, etc. Still generally entertaining, but, for me, not as good as the prior two seasons.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
After enjoying the first two seasons, my wife and I binged this new (and last, due to Applegate's MS diagnosis ...
That's sad to hear Frown

I've always liked her, and not just because she's hawt (which she is), but also because I liked her in the roles she's played--ever since Married, With Children.

If you're a fan of Applegate, check out Just Visiting, which is utterly hilarious.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post