SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Call of Duty - Vanguard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Call of Duty - Vanguard Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
Has anyone had a chance to play this pile of regurgitated shit? It's like they took some children and had them reimagine COD. I couldn't only play 10 minutes before I gave up. I'm waiting on Battlefield 2042 still, but they just delayed another month.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about it. It looks like it's based in World War I? I dunno. I have no interest in it. All I play is Modern Warfare multiplayer. I have Cold War but the gameplay mechanic is so different from Modern Warfare that I can't stand playing more than one match.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
COD: Vanguard

WWII. Birth of SF.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Reading the "Campaign" description, it sounds like a cross between Rainbow Six: Siege, Gears of War, and normal CoD.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
No. I play Warzone and only bought Cold War to level up guns. So this Vanguard deal is just the same thing in a different skin. I’m stoked for the new Warzone map coming after Vanguard is released but little interest in going back in time using outdated old ass weapons. I like the BR portion of COD but that’s about it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I’ve barely played the last two so I was thinking I’d pass on this one. The first time since I started with Black Ops I think.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
How is it now that it’s been released? Looks like COD:WWII

I’ve barely played any of the last releases. BO4, MW, and ColdWar just kind of run together in my mind. I think Warzone muddied things are far as distinctions between games.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I usually skip a CoD or two since I don’t play much, but I bought Cold War just because I like that timeline. I pre-ordered Vanguard too, breaking my habit of skipping years, because I like WWII games too.

Nothing has given me more enjoyment than BF1 though. I miss that game.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Battlefield 1? That's the only one I didn't play, actually. Battlefield V had an amazing single-player campaign, though. Too bad it was so short.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

I’m pretty sure the servers are still alive and well for BF1, why not jump on again?

As for Vanguard, hard pass. I loved MW for the most part, but Activision’s blatant disregard for doing anything related to an anti-cheat for basically two years turned MW and WZ into hackfests. I bought Cold War purely for Zombies as a good friend of mine loves that game mode. I’ve played online less than an hour, it’s a steaming pile of trash compared to MW. And Vanguard is an abomination of epic proportions, IMO. The idiotic guns they’ve dreamed up show me that they’ll do anything for a buck. Screw that noise.

I’m holding out for BF2042, but I’m not sold on it yet, either. Not a ton of good shooters on the horizon from my vantage point. Nothing I wanna spend $60+ on, anyway. I’m keeping an eye on Back 4 Blood, but I’ll leave that topic alone so we don’t stray too far from the subject at hand.

Posts: 50 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: September 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Basher42:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

I’m pretty sure the servers are still alive and well for BF1, why not jump on again?

It’s been awhile since I checked but last I did they were still alive. There just didn’t see to be many people playing anymore and I had a hard time getting into matches. Some game modes were total ghost towns.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
They have free multiplayer access right now. It’s not the smoothest on my old One X. Even going through the menus while in a multiplayer game lobby is a bit clunky.

Game play is slightly slower paced. Far too much dirt in your face effects.

I liked the WWII version from a few years ago better. This one still needs some polishing.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Another free trial - could not get into a match. They probably should just give this one away.