SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Gray Man (Netflix)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Gray Man (Netflix) Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
quote:
THE GRAY MAN is CIA operative Court Gentry (Ryan Gosling), aka, Sierra Six. Plucked from a federal penitentiary and recruited by his handler, Donald Fitzroy (Billy Bob Thornton), Gentry was once a highly-skilled, Agency-sanctioned merchant of death. But now the tables have turned and Six is the target, hunted across the globe by Lloyd Hansen (Chris Evans), a former cohort at the CIA, who will stop at nothing to take him out. Agent Dani Miranda (Ana de Armas) has his back. He’ll need it.

https://youtu.be/BmllggGO4pM

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Solid cast who don't make too many bad ones.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I don't recall this female agent anywhere in the book.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well she's hot... so take that logic, reason, and source material!

I'm interested in this movie and will check it out when it becomes available on streaming, but I have a feeling that the plot will have a lot of female wokeness with the extra agent in the mix.

I would like to be wrong and pleasantly surprised but with Hollyweird's track record these past couple of decades, we'll see.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw the trailer and I am undecided
I have read all the books
I just cannot buy Ryan Gosling as the Gray Man
If it is on Netflix I will give it a shot
I would not pay for it

Something about the trailer just threw me/turned me off.
I am not sure what it is though.

I like most of Ryan Goslings movies, with that in mind maybe it is this character he is portraying when I am used to seeing him in other roles.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Like mrapteam666 the trailer was "Meh". It looked like just another typical "seen one, seen 'em all" action movie spewed out by Hollywood.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Never read the books. Looks like a good cast, Ana De Armis can read the phone book and Id watch.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
I like the cast but man, the use of CG just turns what could be a movie I can enjoy into a cartoon. I'll probably give it a watch anyway.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Well she's hot... so take that logic, reason, and source material!

I'm interested in this movie and will check it out when it becomes available on streaming, but I have a feeling that the plot will have a lot of female wokeness with the extra agent in the mix.

I would like to be wrong and pleasantly surprised but with Hollyweird's track record these past couple of decades, we'll see.

She certainly is. She is a beautiful woman.

However, since I'm a fan of the book series, I REALLY dislike when they change a book for a movie. I get that some scenes may be difficult to translate from print to screen. But, it REALLY feels like they are shoehorning a "strong female character" into the movie for publicity purposes. (something I think the author would not agree with unless dumptrucks full of money showed up at his door)

For the moment, I still have a Netflix subscription, so I'll watch it, since I LOVE the book series.

But I'm a purist when it comes to books turned into movies. It is a rare day when I find a movie superior to a book, especially when it is all about the "diversity checklist."

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This morning I ran up to the local library to get see if they had anything interesting to read.

I found quite a few westerns on the new arrival/release shelf but I also saw the newest book by Mark Greaney: Sierra Six.

I read a few chapters this afternoon.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I read the series back in 2019. Very good books. I look forward to the movie.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post