SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The English on Prime Video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The English on Prime Video Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted
I’m quite enjoying this show. Very well executed in my opinion. If you are into westerns, you might check it out.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Heads up though, there is a bit of a “I am woman, hear me roar” vibe to some of this. If you can look past that, I think you might enjoy it

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It was okay. Justice wasn’t sweet enough. And not caring and being stupid or careless are two different things. But for the grace of others she wouldn’t have gotten justice. It turns out well enough but some people needed to suffer more. The guy was good.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Watching it now, about halfway through the 4th episode. The Plains was apparently a much more violent place than you might have imagined. Intriguing

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have the last episode to watch, I have enjoyed it. There are definitely some nasty characters in it

I was curious last night about the location, it didn't quite look right for the US plains, filmed in Spain, some beautiful scenery

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the quirky characters and story. One more episode to go.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I was about to post a thread so thank you muted.

I’ll admit it..I foam at the mouth for Emily. Connelly, Beckinsale, Biel, and Blunt. I guess I’m a brunette guy. Jennifer is a great actress but Emily is a notch above. She is good in most every role she takes.

Man I hate series and prefer a movie but I guess I will have to admit defeat on this one and watch. I’m just tired of all these series. I love westerns and love anything about Native Americans. While violent, they are beautiful people who lived off the land. I’m in.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Got through the first 3. Oh yeah, this is a great series. Dialog isn’t Deadwood but I have had to enable CC a few times because “what did he just say?” I think I’ll gobble this whole series up in the next few days. Emily Blunt is her usual acting self, outstanding. And I’m really digging Chaske Spencer. He’s just killing the role. Very impressed. Production is also excellent.

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Great exchange from EP 5.

“Ain’t destiny in this Cornelia. Just a whole lot of aiming. And then one day you miss. And that’s it.”

Great western.

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I finished the series off last week, it was good, worth the watch.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Thanks Prefontaine, I am now into ep. 2.
Another series to binge....

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post