SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ahsoka on Dinsey+ (Yet another Star Wars)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ahsoka on Dinsey+ (Yet another Star Wars) Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
This still won't help the train wreck that is Disney+

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the actress playing Ashoka. Her RBF (resting bitch face) along with her constant crossed arms comes across as irritating. I know they’re trying to make the character edgy and tough but they failed miserably. Three episodes in and I doubt there are many people that are connecting to any of the characters. I’d give it a 3 out of 10, 1 being a steaming pile of crap.

Not sure if I will continue.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm not as harsh on it, but I give it a mighty MEH.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know the backstory from whatever happened in books or cartoons or whatever. I gave it a shot and it kept my attention enough to keep watching.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I liked the first two episodes, but the third one made me lose most of my interest. It's just YET MORE bad writing.

SPOILER ALERT:

Ep 1, SmugGirl gets stabbed in the torso by a light saber. She recovers and is fine by the end of the episode. It was really stupid, in that it would be HARDER to stab her and NOT kill her than to literally cut her in half.

Ep 2, Imperial remnants are stealing a hyperdrive. Green tentacle girl is chasing in her ship (that has visible guns on it, by the way). She makes NO effort to shoot the bad guys down, and sits right off the enemy's tail as the enemy tail turrets fire at her. She finally manages to get a tracking device on it a whole second before it jumps to light speed. I mean, why not even TRY to shoot it down?

Ep 3, bad guy fighters are shooting at hero ship. They hit it several times, but of course, only inflict minor damage. SmugGirl in tail turrets hits bad guy ship a single time, and it asplodes immediately. Finally, capital ship opens fire with big guns, which finally cripples hero ship. Fighters move in to finish it off, but Ahsoka gets in a space suit and literally parries laser blasts with her sword, and actually kills a mook (not the two main character bad guys) with her saber. . . THEN, they hide on the planet (like most SW planets, it is a "Single Biom Planet," and this entire planet is a forrest). So, they just land in a clearing. Not a cave, or an overhang, they don't even drape camo over the top. Right out in the open. The villains don't even try to scan for METAL on the surface, so they then send in about 2 dozen mooks ON FOOT to search the planet. The Hero Ship could be in the Amazon and the Mooks are in Germany's Black Forrest by comparison, but they decide the BEST way to find the heroes is to SEARCH THE PLANET ON FOOT. . .

I actually like the bad guys. The witch woman (whatever she is - I never watched Rebels) is a good character. The main force-using bad guy (not sure if Sith or ex-Jedi, but they both have red sabers) is really good (the actor was one of Thor's buddies in the MCU - the guy who ate a lot (Volstag?) I think the actor actually just died). The girl is a good character, too. Reminds me of an evil blond Wednesday Adamms. . . Ahsoka is good, Green Girl is ok, but I REALLY don't like SmugGirl (she is a Mandalorian AND a Jedi? . ? . ? . ).

Overall, I don't like the arc with SmugGirl. I have no idea what her character did in Rebels, but she is just obnoxious. I was really happy when she got stabbed, thinking she was gonna die right off.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Epp 2, they were specifically trying to plant a tracker on it because they wanted to find out what the bad guys were doing with the hyperdrives they stole. There was no value in simply shooting it down.

The witch woman and two force users were never in Rebels. The witch only showed up in the same episode of The Mandolorian that Ahsoka showed up in, and was presented as just an Imperial Remnant, with no indication that she was a Nightsister. That was a revelation that only came up in Ashoka. The bad-guy two force users are completely new for Ahsoka.

Ships landing undetected on planets, even on inhabited planets, and even those with secret military bases, have always been a problem with Star Wars. Their universe doesn’t seem to have sensors that can either detect ships landing or detect landed ships unless they actually see them. It’s been a plot hole for decades.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
So the bad guys are thinking the ship chasing them is not returning fire because?

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I tried to like the sequels, and they sucked,
tried the other stuff, (roque whatever) and did not care for it,

not gonna waste my time with anything else,

sorry if this offends

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10422 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
they both have red sabers

Actually, they are orange, which is a significant difference in this case.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Episode 4 actually felt more like what I would expect from Dave F and Jon F. I actually rather liked the episode, and felt that there was more peril at least. I really liked Ray Stevensons character, and I liked the way he and Ahsoka changed stances as they squared off.

The lightsaber fight felt more realistic vs the flippy spinny crap from Revenge of the Sith.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'm still holding out for the space lesbians.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Another decent episode, but only if you enjoyed The Clone Wars cartoon.

I was explaining to my son how difficult it was to transfer cartoon characters and certain action sequences to live action. As an example, Clone Wars actually did some similar "outside of the ship" sequences before the Ahsoka show attempted it. There's an episode where clones are stuck in an escape pod, after their ship is disabled by the Malevolence(?), as well as a show where they actually land tanks on the exterior of a ship.

It worked in the cartoon precisely because your brain was already in "it's a cartoon" mode. As soon as you start to do some of that stuff in live-action, it starts to feel super hokey.

In any case, I really enjoyed this last episode in "the world between worlds" that Star Wars Rebels created.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Voldemort let Sabine go beyond the wall with her dire wolf and she found the rock hobbits.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Another good episode, if you like Clone Wars and Rebels.

Honestly, fans the Timothy Zahn books, as well as anyone (like me) who hopes they’ll move away from “all things skywalker” should be pleased that we get these stories in live action.

I do not like the choreography much. It’s poorly written to the point where errant blaster shots find their way to the very small amount of beskar armor that Sabine is wearing. Thats incredibly dumb, and they should know better.

I’m actually invested in this series. I want to know if all the troopers are on Night-sister Life Support, because it looks that way. I’m also super sad that Ray Stevensons character is doomed to leave live action due to the actors death. I enjoy his character a lot. Very intriguing.

Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I’m also super sad that Ray Stevensons character is doomed to leave live action due to the actors death. I enjoy his character a lot. Very intriguing.

Agreed. Quite an interesting character.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Meh.... I've been enjoying it so far.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I’m also super sad that Ray Stevensons character is doomed to leave live action due to the actors death. I enjoy his character a lot. Very intriguing.

Agreed. Quite an interesting character.

He is an excellent character - probably the best one in the show. It's kind of funny that I enjoy the 'villains' more than the 'heroes.' I like Stevens, 'Blond Wednesday Adams,' and the Night Witch (or whatever she is) a LOT more than the title character. So far, Grand Admiral Thrawn looks to be pretty cool, though I can't get past the notion that he is just an emotional blue Data from Star Trek). Sabine just annoys the crap out of me; I'm hoping she dies soon (of course, she won't, but I can still dream. . .). I'm not too fond of Huwyai (or whatever - the robot, even though he is voiced by the great David Tennant).

I am just getting bored with the show. I fast-forward through the obligatory at-least-once-per-episode light saber duels, even though they are technically pretty cool. A LOT better than the 'two old guys with bad hips and glowey sticks' from the original trilogy, and the 'two hyper-spastic teens after drinking 19 Red Bulls and 5-hr energy drinks' of the prequels, where it was physically impossible to follow the action because of how fast-paced it was.

Eh. It's a LOT better than Obi Wan and Boba Fett. I'll still watch it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stephenson's character is a glimpse into what could have been. Imagine interesting, complex characters in a well written story that draws from and respects the Star Wars universe and mythology, instead of the pathetic, steaming pile of dog poop that was the last trilogy of movies.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geez, what dreck this show is. It’s so slow with all of the long dramatic pauses between every…single…word because it’s all…so…important. You could have cut this week’s episode run time to under 20 minutes, and still tell the exact same (uninteresting) story. Only Disney could make Thrawn so uninteresting. Aside from the pudgy body, his voice is so gentile that he’s not very credible as a villain.

They’ve ruined Ahsoka, Sabine, and now Thrawn, from how their characters were introduced in Clone Wars and Rebels. It isn’t a question of wokeness, it’s just poor writing and bad storytelling.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I reckon maybe I am a bit of a contrarian. I really liked the first episode.

quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I'm still holding out for the space lesbians.

It’s gonna happen man I can feel it. Stay the course. It has to happen in this neofascist Disney wokescoldling era of super gay everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post