SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Ahsoka on Dinsey+ (Yet another Star Wars)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ahsoka on Dinsey+ (Yet another Star Wars) Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
Just watched the trailer.

Lesbians in space.

Of course.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
And you even posted the trailer for us to see! Thank you so much!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Since I figured out how to type in Ahsoka trailer on the youtubs.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We knew this was coming out back in April when the first trailer dropped. Fortunately, there's already an established backstory for Ashoka's storyline, along with a majority of the characters from Rebels, its supposed to be a search for Ezra Bridger, can Disney/Kennedy meddle enough to screw it up also?

Thrawn looks solid. Was this Ray Stevenson's last work before his passing?

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Only a matter of time before Disney has a Salacious B. Crumb series, you know the little cackling creature that stood near Jabba the Hutt?

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
This looks awesome. Can't wait to watch it.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Looks like Girl Power in Space to me.

Disney is going to dilute this brand right into oblivion.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
If you haven't watched The Clone Wars or Rebels series then I'd refrain from weighing in on this.
From what I've seen in the trailers they are continuing all of the story arcs with the live action set. No need to see agendas in everything.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Of course.
Then, why watch this stuff?

This corporation and the people who run it are enemies of humanity. This is not an exaggeration.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Lesbians in space.

Go on. Big Grin Hey, I like space stuff.

But I hate Disney so looks like I'm not watching this either.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Only a matter of time before Disney has a Salacious B. Crumb series, you know the little cackling creature that stood near Jabba the Hutt?

I’d be all over that. Best name ever.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

They were eating kowakian monkey lizards in Mandalorian.

Which two are the lesbians? I missed that I guess. These are all established characters already so I don't see the issue here. I have learned not to be hopeful with anything Star Wars, but Clone Wars series was excellent, especially the final couple of "lost" episodes with Ahsoka. Andor was good also, so someone can still make good content.

Ray Stevenson is always good. Even in the Punisher, he was awesome, especially given the marginal material he was given.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lord Vaalic,

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rosario Dawson is a big Bernie supporter and otherwise hard leftist. So that sours me on her. Decent actress if you can get past that.

Maybe not space lesbians, but leaning hard to “girlpower don’t need no man” vibes

Posts: 4767 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
leaning hard to “girlpower don’t need no man” vibes

I won't give any spoilers other than: It's a direct continuation of Rebels, so it makes sense if that's the case.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not touching it, nope, nada.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been actually watching it, but not really impressed so far. My main gripe is how Ahsoka is portrayed. Her normal stance is standing around with arms crossed and a slight scowl, judging everyone with a hint of arrogance and superiority. Even taking into account the character is supposed to be older and wiser than in Clone Wars, they’ve taken a fan favorite character and turned her into uninteresting and unlikable. Almost everyone else in the show is more interesting and entertaining.

Then there’s the eye-rolling writing, which seems to be the norm for a lot of the Disney SW stuff. Usually a lightsaber clean through the body is a killing blow. Not here. And if you’re going to destroy a crippled ship in space, the best strategy is to target the Jedi (or non-Jedi, or whatever) standing on the outside of the ship waiting to deflect blaster fire with her lightsabers, instead of just hanging back and shooting literally any other part of the ship that’s more than an arms length from Ahsoka. And so on. A lot of this is on Dave Filoni, who wrote the episodes, so I don’t blame KK for this.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I blame them both. KK told Filoni the tone she wanted and he's doing what he's told. Not sure who's responsible for the terrible editing and acting, but this trainwreck falls on both of them. I believe Jon Favreau as left the scene.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Not touching it, nope, nada.

Same. This is series #3 (SW) that I haven’t seen. Oh well. Disney sleeps with the fishes.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disney anything now is a steaming pile. Woke groomers need to be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Don't be surprised if the Alien franchise ends up the same way.

Posts: 713 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:
Disney anything now is a steaming pile. Woke groomers need to be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Don't be surprised if the Alien franchise ends up the same way.

What do you mean "ends up?" It's already there.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post