SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Name those wonderful un-PC movies we can no longer enjoy…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name those wonderful un-PC movies we can no longer enjoy… Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Like:

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
Team America
Tropic Thunder

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12089 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Blazing Saddles was also my first.

Song of the South (but i have to figure out why those who have never seen it are so hateful of it)

And i just forgot the other two i was thinking of. Will edit once both brain cells work together.

Edit:

Kentucky Fried Movie

History of the World

(Life of Brian a close finisher too)

Bonus:
Porkey’s

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used Cars. Caddyshack.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15995 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Trading Places

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9670 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Spaceballs
They Live

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Animal house.
Any of the Monty Python movies.
Pretty much any Mel Brooks movie.

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Why can’t you still enjoy them? If anything these are the times to be watching them all!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Last Dragon though Asians are less sensitive to being made fun of.

Posts: 13041 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Song of the South (but i have to figure out why those who have never seen it are so hateful of it)

Well, it does put forward a picture that being a slave (or former slave) isn't all that bad, and maybe was even a pretty sweet gig, because you just get to be-bop around the plantation all day, singing songs, telling stories, and being sweet to the master's little child.

I mean, it could be worse, but surely you can see how that might rankle.

I'd just put the movie out there, and no one is forcing the studios to pull these movies. But the Mouse in particular is extremely sensitive to public opinion and thinks that movie is not worth the heat that keeping it available would generate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
How about Cannonball Run?

I always had an affinity for Captain Chaos as an alter ego of mine in another universe. LoLoLoLoLoL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16141 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Name those wonderful un-PC movies we can no longer enjoy…

Actually I still enjoy them. Smile

Posts: 22850 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Gone with the Wind....

BTW to add to JHE's comment on the Mouse, go on Disney+, pick any old great movie like Jungle Book and you'll get an apology and warning about the evil racism and bad social settings of that movie.. WTF....

Not a movie but since all mine are taken, how about adding some TeeVee shows....

The Little Rascals
Moe-Larry-Shemp
Any Monty Python Show
COPS - because it's Cops...

Posts: 23218 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Actually my intention was to get a list of good old time movies to watch.
These are the type of movies that mostly can not be made nowadays. Things we’ve lost in the name of progress and evolution.

Seems just weird and wrong that Abbot & Costello, the Three Stooges and the Marx Bros would be considered outrageous by some nowadays.

Call me Loretta.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12089 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Movies that can never be made in these woke times, some not named in this thread-

The Searchers
The Bad News Bears
Slap Shot
48 Hours
Executive Decision
MASH
Silence of the Lambs
You Only Live Twice
Apocalypse Now

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16611 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
One of the most un-PC movies ever: The Adventures of Ford Fairlane! That flick cracks me up. It's the last gasp of the '80s at the turn-of-the-'90s.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Why can’t you still enjoy them?

Blazing Saddles, for example, is so edited it's unwatchable.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
One of the most un-PC movies ever: The Adventures of Ford Fairlane! That flick cracks me up. It's the last gasp of the '80s at the turn-of-the-'90s.

I do occasionally break out with :: Booty time booty time across the USA a aa Big Grin

Posts: 5293 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The wonderful world of Disney. When it was wonderful…

Posts: 13790 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight's feature here: "Back To School", even with Rodney Dangerfield holding back would be forbidden.

Good thing I have a can of Miller Lite to go along with the show.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The Naked Gun

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37078 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post