SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    High Plains Drifter leads to...Joe Kidd
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High Plains Drifter leads to...Joe Kidd Login/Join 
posted
I've got Joe Kidd in the same set as High Plains Drifter, which I just watched again recently. I had only seen Joe Kidd once or twice through the years, and couldn't remember much about it. Wikipedia discussed it as a revisionist western, which caught my attention. So I watched it again. I really liked it this time. Elmore Leonard script, John Sturges direction. A pretty good bet. But beyond the story, what I noticed was the exceptional cinematography. Especially when they're up in the wild country. Some of the establishing shots were stunning; they could be paintings. Worth a look, or a re-visit if you've seen it.

Posts: 2694 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lot of cool old guns in that show too.

Posts: 3597 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of my favorites but I do get a little irritated when Clint shoots the sniper from several hundred yards away and his crosshairs are dead on, no hold over. Damn, that's a flat shooting bullet for the early 1900's.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post