SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Three Days Of the Condor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three Days Of the Condor Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I watched it again this week. My wife and I saw it when it first came out in 75. I think it has aged well.

Still interesting to watch.

Posts: 5622 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The book is Six Days Of The Condor and is also very good.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great movie. Von Sydow was great choice for the hit man.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronsht:
The book is Six Days Of The Condor and is also very good.

It's both, actually.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

"The belief is in your own precision..." Von Sydow's greatest role in my eyes.

I first saw it in 79-80? and have watched it every other year since. Great movie with an all-star cast.

They really don't make them like that any more.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of the best fight scenes of all the movies at that time and most afterward.

I'm pretty sure it was '76 and I saw it my first year of college.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure I've seen it....my memory for movies isn't very good, but I better it on my to-watch list just in case. Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38685 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“ it will happen like this…..” riveting line delivery

JAMES 3:1
USPSA life member

Posts: 270 | Location: Indian River Shores, Florida | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I watched it again this week. My wife and I saw it when it first came out in 75. I think it has aged well.

Still interesting to watch.

47 years. Wish I'd aged as well. Free on Paramount +.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Great flick. I was working at a multiplex cinema as an usher when it came out. What a well made movie, great cast. Man what a fun job.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Agreed. He was terrific; great performance.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6414 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Have you watched the series "Condor" It's brilliant as well, albeit with the ability to suspend disbelief for filming in Toronto and trying to pass that as Virginia

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of the series, will take a look. Thanks

Posts: 5622 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Have you watched the series "Condor" It's brilliant as well, albeit with the ability to suspend disbelief for filming in Toronto and trying to pass that as Virginia

Yes, it is pretty good. My wife and I liked it and watched the first season again recently. I have not watched the second season yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Max Irons, William Hurt, Mira Sorvino....can't go wrong. I do like the casting of the assasin...she fits the part perfectly even if not true to the book.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
wife and I watched it a couple nights ago,

We had never seen it all the way thru,

very good movie,,

except the love scene, it seemed forced and odd

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

...except the love scene, it seemed forced and odd

Could it be because most stuff Robert Redford does is forced and odd?
He never knows what to do with his hands, look for it.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

...except the love scene, it seemed forced and odd

Could it be because most stuff Robert Redford does is forced and odd?
He never knows what to do with his hands, look for it.

now I am curious,

they play Brubaker and Sneakers kinda often on TV,,, I'll be watching now,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I am trying to watch the series, but too many bad guys. I can't keep up.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jindodog:
“ it will happen like this…..” riveting line delivery

"You may be walking. Maybe the first sunny day of the spring. And a car will slow beside you, and a door will open, and someone you know, maybe even trust, will get out of the car. And he will smile, a becoming smile. But he will leave open the door of the car and offer to give you a lift."

Yes, Max stole that movie with the few scenes he was in. You almost have to wonder what if Redford's character had gone to Europe with Joubert.

Posts: 3937 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post