SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hollywood Stars - How many can you name? (Warning: Huge Picture)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywood Stars - How many can you name? (Warning: Huge Picture) Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Who is the woman right behind Jean Stapleton (3rd row)? Drawing a total blank.

Was thinking it was Maureen Stapleton. (?)

Between... one of the Gabor's and Tim Conway, is that Alan Funt?

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Who is in the middle of Red Skelton, Roy Rogers and Bob Keeshan? That one is driving me crazy. First I went.. Is it George Gobel.. no, Is it Roy Acuff... no... I can't put a name to the face.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Spoiler alert? (I dunno, I didn't watch the whole thing)

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Who is in the middle of Red Skelton, Roy Rogers and Bob Keeshan? That one is driving me crazy. First I went.. Is it George Gobel.. no, Is it Roy Acuff... no... I can't put a name to the face.

Danny Thomas.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Is it just me, or do Carroll O'Connor and William Conrad have giant heads?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My first thought was Red Buttons.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

Danny Thomas.

OOOPS. You meant to Roy's right in the picture. Dunno.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone has mentioned Art Carney standing next to Tony Randall and in front of Bill Macy (of Maude fame).

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I recognize most lot of them, but can't put names on some.

quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Walter Cronkite was a Hollywood Star?

Cronkite hosted "You Are There," a semi-educational TV series that featured live-action recreations of historical events. With lots of actors and actresses, it was eligible for primetime Emmy awards and won two. It ran in the 50s to early 60d, but was revived for one season in the early 70s.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Lassie for sure, and Telly Savalls.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Ed Keeshan looks a little out of place.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
It is obviously photo shopped and so some of the pasted in heads are just a little off.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That photograph predates Photoshop and all such digital image editing software by ten years. The photograph has been manually altered by an actual "cut and paste". If it had been digitally altered, the size discrepancies would have been easy to correct.

What are the odds of a photograph of that many people, with no one blinking at the moment of exposure? Worse than a full blink is the photo catching one or both eyes partially closed (or opened) which tends to give the subject the look of a corpse in a crime scene photo. So, it looks like those who blinked got their image pasted in, from another photograph taken at the same time, in which they didn't blink.

Also, it could be that the pasted-in subjects were not present for the photograph, but I tend towards blinking as the issue. My impression is that this photo was taken immediately before or after whatever gala event CBS had in 1978.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
James Arness is where I'd be, right next to Lynda Carter.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
So, was this a CBS special event?

That's what I was wondering. I spotted Cronkite, Mike Wallace, and Ed Bradley.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I believe it’s Ken Murray between Red Skelton and Mr Kangaroo. He did home movies on the old movie stars that TCM shows fairly often. He was also the Dr in Who shot Liberty Valance.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
You could be right.

There is a IMDB page for the special, their clearly incomplete list is:

Alan Alda
Eve Arden
James Arness
Bea Arthur
Edward Asner
Lauren Bacall
Lucille Ball
Ken Berry
Carol Burnett
George Burns
Art Carney
Mike Connors
William Conrad
Bert Convy
Ellen Corby
Kami Cotler
Richard Crenna
Walter Cronkite
Buddy Ebsen
Bonnie Franklin
Will Geer
Arthur Godfrey
Andy Griffith
Valerie Harper
Sherman Hemsley
Alfred Hitchcock
Danny Kaye
Robert Keeshan
Lassie
Linda Lavin
Michael Learned
Art Linkletter
Mary Beth McDonough
Mary Tyler Moore
Jim Nabors
Carroll O'Connor
Tony Randall
Esther Rolle
Isabel Sanford
Telly Savalas
Phil Silvers
Red Skelton
Jean Stapleton
Danny Thomas
Richard Thomas
Cicely Tyson
Dick Van Dyke
Ralph Waite
Garry Moore