SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Hollywood Stars - How many can you name? (Warning: Huge Picture)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywood Stars - How many can you name? (Warning: Huge Picture) Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Seven... maybe.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Butt-load of them.

Lassie, Edith Bunker, Hitchcock, Mary Tyler Moore, One of the Gabor Sisters, that girl from Valerie (?), Goerge Burns, Milton Berle, John Wayne, Telly Savalas, Ron Howard, Vera, the guy from Cannon, the other Gabor sister, Tim Conway, Betty White, Klinger from MASH, Adrianne Barbeau, Don Knots, Lucille Ball, Ed Asner, Bob Newhart, Tony Randall, Archie Bunker (why so far away from Edith?), Gilligan, Mr & Mrs Jefferson (Sherman Helmsley and Isabelle Sanford), Ted Knight, the blond ditz from the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lyonell from Sanford and Son, Andy Griffith, Richard Pryor (?), Loretta Switt (Hotlips from MASH), Dick van Dyke, McGarrett from Hawaii 5-0, and a BUNCH of people who I've seen somewhere before, but can't recall their names or specific roles.

That's a great picture.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
You picked up a couple I missed and should've known.

The one you think is John Wayne (I did too at first) I believe is Roy Rogers and that's Dale Evans next to him.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Not all but I know most all of them.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know many of them as well so will only throw out a few names; Arthur Godfrey, Red Skelton, Red Buttons, Ned Beatty, Steve Allen, Dick Smothers, Will Geer, Ray Walston, Danny Thomas, Danny Kaye, and Dennis Weaver just to name a few more.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 810 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Ever have those bad brain days? Where people you know well, you just draw a blank? Todays one of those days. I probably ID'd 90-95% of them by name, or several characters they're famous for, but way too many actual names escaped me.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, was this a CBS special event?

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Must have been...all sorts of CBS news people

I must have watched too much TV as a kid as I recognize almost all.

Ed Bradley, Mike Wallace, Dan Rather

Looks like Art Garfunkel on the upper left looking to his right.

James Arness way upper right

The whole cast of the waltons (Will Geer...granpa, Michael Learned, Ralph Waite...) I didnt see John Boy though...

quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
So, was this a CBS special event?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Looks like Art Garfunkel on the upper left looking to his right.

Dick Smothers?

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All but about 10 of them.

And if it's a CBS special event, what's Demond Wilson doing in there? Sanford & Son was on NBC.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I recognize far more than I could actually name.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Hollywood I guess but more accurately pre-cable TV stars.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Walter Cronkite was a Hollywood Star?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Ever have those bad brain days? Where people you know well, you just draw a blank?

Frightening and odd how that works. Glanced at it again this morning and names like Art Linkletter, Gene Stapleton, Martin Landau, Ed Bradley all came instantaneously, as did a handful more that were a brick wall the other day. That's scary.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Yeah, some of them came to me immediately and totally decades old info as far as accessing it in one's head. A minute ago you couldn't have paid me any amount of money to recall him without a picture, but suddenly I heard myself say 'Burt Convy' out loud. I may not have spelled it right, but would have bet my life that's who it was.

I could name most of them.
I probably didn't recognize about 10 at all. Then there were another dozen or so I recognized but would have no hope recalling a name. Even back in the day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that Cicely Tyson next to George Burns? Zoe Saldana could be her current day twin!!!

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
It is Cicely Tyson.

Kind of amazing how much Bob Denver looked like a younger Bill Gates in that picture.

Who is the woman right behind Jean Stapleton (3rd row)? Drawing a total blank.

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Adrienne Barbeau, who could miss her?

A bunch of others too, this had to have been taken in the mid 70’s?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
A lot...

Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post