SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dave Chappelle wins the Mark Twain prize for comedy - and includes a thanks to the second ammendment in his acceptance speech
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Chappelle wins the Mark Twain prize for comedy - and includes a thanks to the second ammendment in his acceptance speech Login/Join 
posted
This guy is brilliant and really funny. I like the way he thinks. Here's the quote lifted from his acceptance speech. "The First Amendment is first for a reason. The Second is just in case the first one doesn’t work out." So true.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
That’s great coming from a guy that says he doesn’t even like guns.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
That’s great coming from a guy that says he doesn’t even like guns.

He owns several guns. As long as he supports second amendment rights his personal preferences are not my concern. Check out his Netflix specials. He is good.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve followed Dave for years. His last special when he discussed hating guns but owns them anyway is what I’m referring to and I applaud him for his support.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Got a link?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para. Looks like so far they have the footage of his speech locked down.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I remember when Dave put this video out; shortly after, Comedy Central paid him his money.

This runs about 20 minutes but I really believe is worth the watch…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Eek

Dave attacked on stage.

People losing their G.D. mind.

Stories and video seem to show that he got his ass beat while/after being dragged off stage.

https://apple.news/Ay4u-4OsJQYKsehp5i63Syw

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It's a real story.

Chappelle, I guess jokingly, said it was a "trans man". Chris Rock was there also.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post