SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tony Joe White - Polk Salad Annie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tony Joe White - Polk Salad Annie Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted
Hadn't heard this song in years, probably decades. But it popped into my mind the other day and I pulled it up on Spotify. It sounds just as good as it did years ago.

a wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman, Lord have mercy.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
From time to time it's played on Sirius 60's Channel.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the same time frame. I think the video speaks for itself. From 1970.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
The gators got you granny, chomp, chomp

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Absolutely great song.

I'll probably be cooking up a mess of Poke Sallet in a couple of weeks.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I actually saw him in concert years ago. He was an opening act for a group I can't remember. I also can't remember the venue where I saw him Wink

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The chick in the white mini-dress is remarkably pneumatic.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hear she is still single. LOL

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post