SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite College Bowl Games from the past
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite College Bowl Games from the past Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The 1942 Rose Bowl is memorable not so much for the teams or game (Oregon State beat favored Duke, 20-16), but because it was the only Rose Bowl not played in Pasadena. Due to the December 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor, the government banned all large gatherings on the west coast, expecting the Japanese might attack our shores. The game was moved to Duke Stadium. Duke was heavily favored (one commentator said they could win by throwing 11 helmets on the field), but they got a big surprise.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
There is only one correct answer here...

The 1979 Sugar Bowl Smile

Whoa Nelly!!

I still have the t-shirt packed away in the attic. I wore it under my pads all thru high school football practices (and most games as well).

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post