SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Richard Belzer has died
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Richard Belzer has died Login/Join 
Picture of Infidel
posted
Sad news. I haven't seen him in much besides Homicide and SVU, but he always got the best lines.

Fin Tutuola: Why do we always get stuck looking for the needle in the haystack?
John Munch: Yeah, it's reminds me of the Easter egg hunts of my youth.
Fin Tutuola: Your family's Jewish, you guys don't hide eggs.
John Munch: I know, all those mindless hours of searching.

He's the one in the sunglasses. Godspeed, sir.

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 646 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
78. Damn, didn't realize he was that old.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Interesting, multi talented man. Reading up on him a while back I was surprised at his age, but admit he certainly didn't look well in recent photos.

Earlier memories are of seeing his standup work and his visits with Howard Stern on the radio, who would tease him something awful about his wife's (Harlee McBride) movie career.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I was watching when this happened, and I wouldn't call it an accident. Hogan did this on purpose.

I remember Belzer most from Homicide: Life on the Street. I wasn't a big fan of Law & Order.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The sleeper hold was intentional along with him dropping like a sack of shit, but getting a skull fracture was not.

Posts: 4181 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That floor wasn't made of rubber or sawdust. I can't see how Hogan thought he wasn't going to injure the man.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Sad news. People used to call me “Munch” a few years back, before i got married and gained some weight.

We did look like close relatives.

Rest in Peace, Munch.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12111 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
I only see him in The Groove Tube.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Most here wouldn't agree with Belzer's libtard politics. Frankly, I think the Munch character's libertarian leanings were the writers' way of mocking people with those beliefs and I'm sure Belzer enjoyed playing the character for just that reason.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That floor wasn't made of rubber or sawdust. I can't see how Hogan thought he wasn't going to injure the man.

Yes! That hold where his neck was obviously in a very unnatural position, never mind the drop to the deck. Holy shit!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Memory Lane.
It hit me today when I first saw him. On "Thicke of the Night" , Alan Thicke's short lived talk show. I recall kind of liking it, then they changed it mid season and I stopped watching it. As did everyone else.
(also with Gilbert Gottfried, Arsenio Hall, Charles Flesicher (most people know from voice over work) and Rick Ducommun, who most people here probably remember from... Smile

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
One of the first times I saw him in a movie was Night Shift. Friggin' HILARIOUS!!! RIP, sir...

cas...if that's a reference to Die Hard, Belzer wasn't in that movie. Are you thinking Robert Davi/Big Johnson???

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
....Rick Ducommun, who most people here probably remember from

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Belzer was an entertaining guy. Funny and a good actor.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I think he did a skit where he spoofs Mick Jagger. Hilarious. I couldn’t find the one I’m thinking of, he was on stage, not in the round.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked him in the 80's HBO show "Not Necessarily the News"

Posts: 465 | Location: Pell City, AL. U.S. | Registered: December 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post