SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Pennyworth on Epix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pennyworth on Epix Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingScot
posted
What a fantastic show. Alternate timeline, England in early 60s. Shows the development of Alfred Pennyworth ex-SAS as England Struggles against anarchy. The period cars, costumes, music are very well done. Very smart and not too fantastical. Like a Bond movie but smarter with less cheesy humor. Can be quite dark at points - 10 part series.

Oh - and Alfred becomes Bruce Wayne’s butler much later in life. Recommended by a friend and I have to say we are enjoying this quite a bit.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
What a fantastic show. Alternate timeline, England in early 60s. Shows the development of Alfred Pennyworth ex-SAS as England Struggles against anarchy. The period cars, costumes, music are very well done. Very smart and not too fantastical. Like a Bond movie but smarter with less cheesy humor. Can be quite dark at points - 10 part series.

Oh - and Alfred becomes Bruce Wayne’s butler much later in life. Recommended by a friend and I have to say we are enjoying this quite a bit.

Love it too! Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
BTT for a great series! Just started watching it on Amazon Prime last night and it's definitely bingeworthy!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post