SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Has any movie / TV show cost you sleep ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has any movie / TV show cost you sleep ? Login/Join 
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
As a child of around 7-8 yrs old, I saw Riki Tiki Tavi. It's a good story, but the animation and CREEPY music (it was made in 1975) freaked the heck out of me. I was terrified these huge cobras (they, of course, towered over the mongoose) and afraid they would attack me.

I saw that at the same age. I did think it was pretty freaky that cobras could develop vendettas against humans. I figured if that happened to me, I'd just be dead since I had no pet mongoose to protect me.

That said, I loved Chuck Jones's animation of that. I liked that "Roadrunner" speed stretch the mongoose had, where the blur of his body always had to catch up to where he was since he was so fast.

Posts: 5596 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Probably the first time I saw horror movies was in about 1980 IIRC, at a drive in. I would have been 11 years old. This was a triple feature and we watched all 3. They all scared the crap out of me but are all super cheesy these days...

The Manitou
Phantasm
Friday the 13th.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12553 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
The Manitou

I remember that one.

Posts: 9301 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Jaws" is the only movie that really freaked me out. About two weeks after I saw it I was in ocean at Galveston where the small fish will swim up and nibble on the hair on your legs. Every time I felt that tug I levitated out of the water.

Posts: 998 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Kolchak: The Night Stalker did me in back in the 70's!

Posts: 675 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Way way back when there was a movie with a talking boa constrictor snake. It starred a Hindu Indian boy. Bad dreams resulted for this then pre-teen. Frown

Can't recall the name of the movie which is a shame because a good number of years ago I posted a thread asking for help identifying it and as always the members came through. But I've forgotten it again.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16420 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jungle Book maybe.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55016 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Jungle Book maybe.

Thanks bendable, but no. It wasn't a cartoon.

And the snake dwelled in a deep pit with skeletal remains of its human prey.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16420 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lithog
posted Hide Post
Deerhunter. I kept having nightmares about Russian roulette.

---------------------------
"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger, THE SHOOTER

Posts: 1219 | Location: Memphis,Tenn.,USA | Registered: October 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew a guy that wouldn't watch Silence of the Lambs at home ,alone.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55016 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The Jaws commercials freaked me out as a kid. It wasn't anything to do with the shark either, but the POV "at water line" shots wigged me out.

Anything I watch too much of ends up in my dreams.

Same for any activity though. Sometimes all my "thoughts" in my dreams are internet/computer based, scrolling and typing. When I used to read a lot, all my dreams were of reading. I haven't played a video game in ages, but they're awful, all my dreams are the game.

Posts: 21248 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
when I was a kid the FBI show, where they showed some real criminals, freaked me out

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10482 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post