SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Milunka Savic, Serbian Heroine of WWI... The Most Decorated Female Soldier of History
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milunka Savic, Serbian Heroine of WWI... The Most Decorated Female Soldier of History Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted
From the Great War Series with Indie Nidel. I consider myself to be much more informed about history than average bear but this episode of the Great War series was astonishing regarding this heroine of Serbia, Milunka Savic. She was a veritable slavic female Sargeant York. Her exploits could be envied by 99.99% of male soldiers. RIP MS.

https://youtu.be/NLYz6aWz1cs

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That was excellent! Thanks for finding/posting.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

And a neat Youtube channel too. I'll be spending some more time there.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that link! I think I'll be spending a lot of time there, too.

Posts: 781 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
I think Milunka has earned the right to call Chuck Norris a p*ssy.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
I think Milunka has earned the right to call Chuck Norris a p*ssy.

She was Chuk Norris' grandmother.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post