SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Worst.Apple.Event.Ever
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worst.Apple.Event.Ever Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
I knew this was going to be bad when almost right out of the chute Apple introduced their own (branded) credit card. Just what the world needs -- another way to spend your money frivolously.

And then there was the parade of California celebrities, including Stephen Spielberg and Oprah the Whale. Touting Apple TV+ - a way to change the world. Say what?

Look, I've been an Apple fan since the late 1970s, but this was in no way the Apple I know. It made me want to take a long walk off a short pier.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
It made me want to take a long walk off a short pier.

Yeah, but did it make you want to switch back to PC?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17243 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Oh, bring back our savior Gil Amelio! Big Grin

Posts: 45324 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
quote:
I knew this was going to be bad when almost right out of the chute Apple introduced their own (branded) credit card. Just what the world needs -- another way to spend your money frivolously.

And then there was the parade of California celebrities, including Stephen Spielberg and Oprah the Whale. Touting Apple TV+ - a way to change the world. Say what?

Look, I've been an Apple fan since the late 1970s, but this was in no way the Apple I know. It made me want to take a long walk off a short pier.

You might want to remove the comment about Oprah.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Everyone should buy guns with their Apple credit card.

Posts: 45324 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

I tried using a MacBook/OSX. I never cared for it. I'm happy with Windows since Windows 10.

I do like iOS. I am happy with their new mid-range product options.

For those who haven't been following, Apple has been stratifying their product lines along pricing tiers like other hardware manufacturers. I do like the mid-range iOS devices they are offering.

They are also the only hardware manufacturer doing anything in the watch and tablet area right now.

Google seems invested in Chromebook right now and seems to have ceded the table arena to Apple. However, I haven't seen any Adroid OEM offer a Chromebook with a cellular modem yet.

The Android OEM's can't seem to get off the idea that a watch has to be round. I really don't understand this. It's a screen, make it square. Screens haven't been round since the 1950's. Get over it.

The only thing that really interested me was the Apple TV+ app for Smart TV's. My hope it that I can dump the Apple TV which I never liked but had easy access to TV series.

I do plan to check out most of the new content Apple is offering. If I like any of it I will keep watching. If I don't then I will won't.

Posts: 6605 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Oprah the whale. Lmao. Thanks!

Posts: 13790 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Oprah the whale. Lmao. Thanks!

I heard she made the c over of her magazine this month!

That pontificating blowhard aside, I had just finished reading a recap of the event before I saw this thread and yup, very disappointing and I am sure Barclays, their current credit provider, is not thrilled about losing the business.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

Haha no. I actually just started using an 11” iPad Pro with the keyboard cover for working remotely. It’s insane how fast I can get in and out of our work systems and accomplish tasks. It’s no desktop replacement, but as a tool for working remotely, this thing is a beast.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9141 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Apple is trying to reinvent themselves as a media company and not a computer/phone company.

Posts: 33580 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Apple is trying to reinvent themselves as a media company and not a computer/phone company.

As they've learned from their contemporaries in the social media world, If you control the platform, you control the content

Would not be a surprise within the next decade, unless US Gov steps-in to rebalance the scales, where the technology overlords start to actively and make policy, to deny access to those 'activities/sites/organizations' they deem to be 'undesirable'.

Posts: 14554 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Everyone should buy guns with their Apple credit card.

Excellent idea.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3757 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ghettopotomus, not whale, is the new nomenclature.

I don't see all that many people paying $10 per month to be force-fed SJW Globalist Progressive "news".

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
They are just getting into the streaming business, just as Disney is getting into the streaming business. They all want into the business. Apple is trying very hard to become a subscription based company. Automobile manufacturers are also headed this way. They all want to wrap a large cocoon around the beast that is the millennial.

I’ve tried multiple streaming services and they all suck. They compress the video, the audio, or both. And seeing how Disney is getting into this space also, you are going to have to subscribe to 5-6 streaming services to get the content you want, which will end up being more expensive than cable/satellite tv. That’s because each streaming content provider will buy up shit so the others can’t offer it. Apple is just going to try and outNetflix Netflix. Yay! More streaming bullshit. Now Apple will stream TV to all the phones, making these fucking walkers even more addicted to their phones. You can’t even drive a single place without encountering a walker behind the wheel. Apple should be inventing surgery to sew a phone up all their asses instead or surgically attach it to their brains as they are already half way there.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12564 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post