SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Black Rifle Coffee Company treated me right today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Rifle Coffee Company treated me right today Login/Join 
posted
Say what you will about Black Rifle Coffee Company, but they certainly did the right thing today. Last year, my wife gave me a subscription to their coffee club for Christmas, and I usually receive 4 10oz bags of coffee each month. This week, for some strange reason they shipped me 40 lbs of coffee by mistake - 4 huge 10 lb bags of coffee, packed in one big box. When I called them up this morning to request a prepaid return label, they said "Don't worry about that. Because of COVID, we can't take back the coffee. Just donate it to your local first responders, and we'll credit the $227.50 back to your account right away.

So right now, I'm heading out to our local police and fire stations to give them 40 lbs of fresh BRCC coffee. It's really reassuring to see companies doing the right thing without having to be prompted or cajoled into it.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You should have told them you would donate it to the Kyle Rittenhouse Foundation.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that's hilarious. Everything about that District Attorney / prosecutor's actions was offensive, illegal, and egregious. The charges should never, ever have been brought in the first place. Any opportunity to lampoon this District Attorney /prosecutor is precious. Thanks very much for this.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Fuck those guys and their coffee.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmm

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Being self righteous idiots doesn’t preclude good business practices.

Still wouldn’t patronize them.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you gentlemen. As this Christmas rolls around, I'm going to ask my wife to cancel this coffee club subscription. I'm thinking Federal's monthly ammunition club is a nice alternative.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

this

----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Upon more thorough research of BRCC, I can't stomach what their CEO has done to harm the conservative cause and Second Amendment rights of all Americans. Yikes!! I've just cancelled my BRCC subscription, and will never support them again, even if they did treat me well today.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't buy it either, apparently their coffee has covid.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

With a splintered Liousville Slugger soaked in turpentine, or something worse than that. Commie bastards.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:

No way I could have said that better myself.

Tony Soprano, maybe.

- They're fuckin' dead ta me.

Posts: 7252 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmkfive:
Federal's monthly ammunition club

They have one of those?!?!? Holy smokes, I've gotta look into that! Cool

- - - - - - - -

Edit: Sure enough, they do!

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
So, the coffee was roughly $5 per pound? It's normally way more than that.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
So, the coffee was roughly $5 per pound? It's normally way more than that.

Well yeah, stuff bought in bulk is typically cheaper per unit than the same stuff sold in smaller quantities.

But that's also exacerbated by the fact that BRCC's individual bags of coffee are overpriced anyway... Politics aside, their coffee is decent, but it's not worth $15+ for a 12 oz bag. I can get great coffee elsewhere for $10-$12 per pound (16 ounces).

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why are some people so mad at Black Rifle Coffee Company? I just haven't seen myself what they did that made people so mad. Not saying anything good or bad either way, I just don't know and am curious.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Why are some people so mad at Black Rifle Coffee Company?

12 pages here, from a year ago:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/4500098674/p/1

TL;DR version:

Kyle Rittenhouse (pre-trial) was seen wearing BRCC clothing. Some journalist tried to make it out like BRCC was sponsoring Rittenhouse.

Liberals began bitching at BRCC for supporting Rittenhouse.

BRCC released a statement disavowing any sort of relationship with, or sponsorship of, Rittenhouse.

Conservatives then began bitching at BRCC for not supporting Rittenhouse.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Why are some people so mad at Black Rifle Coffee Company? I just haven't seen myself what they did that made people so mad. Not saying anything good or bad either way, I just don't know and am curious.

You might start here to catch up > https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/4500098674/p/1

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The CEO of BRC made disparaging comments about Kyle and his actions. Combine that with some of the vet-bro clingers making statements that civilians shouldn’t have body armor or modern tactical equipment, and it’s easy to see that the whole group is not pro 2A, just pro government employment.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post