SIGforum
Black Rifle Coffee Company treated me right today

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/2510022784

December 01, 2021, 12:16 PM
jmkfive
Black Rifle Coffee Company treated me right today
Say what you will about Black Rifle Coffee Company, but they certainly did the right thing today. Last year, my wife gave me a subscription to their coffee club for Christmas, and I usually receive 4 10oz bags of coffee each month. This week, for some strange reason they shipped me 40 lbs of coffee by mistake - 4 huge 10 lb bags of coffee, packed in one big box. When I called them up this morning to request a prepaid return label, they said "Don't worry about that. Because of COVID, we can't take back the coffee. Just donate it to your local first responders, and we'll credit the $227.50 back to your account right away.

So right now, I'm heading out to our local police and fire stations to give them 40 lbs of fresh BRCC coffee. It's really reassuring to see companies doing the right thing without having to be prompted or cajoled into it.
December 01, 2021, 12:31 PM
smschulz
You should have told them you would donate it to the Kyle Rittenhouse Foundation.
December 01, 2021, 12:39 PM
bald1

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
December 01, 2021, 12:45 PM
jmkfive
Now that's hilarious. Everything about that District Attorney / prosecutor's actions was offensive, illegal, and egregious. The charges should never, ever have been brought in the first place. Any opportunity to lampoon this District Attorney /prosecutor is precious. Thanks very much for this.
December 01, 2021, 01:43 PM
46and2
Fuck those guys and their coffee.
December 01, 2021, 02:15 PM
BigSwede
Hmmmmmm

December 01, 2021, 03:18 PM
konata88
Being self righteous idiots doesn’t preclude good business practices.

Still wouldn’t patronize them.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
December 01, 2021, 03:32 PM
jmkfive
I agree with you gentlemen. As this Christmas rolls around, I'm going to ask my wife to cancel this coffee club subscription. I'm thinking Federal's monthly ammunition club is a nice alternative.
December 01, 2021, 04:13 PM
Sig209
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

this

----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
December 01, 2021, 04:38 PM
jmkfive
Upon more thorough research of BRCC, I can't stomach what their CEO has done to harm the conservative cause and Second Amendment rights of all Americans. Yikes!! I've just cancelled my BRCC subscription, and will never support them again, even if they did treat me well today.
December 01, 2021, 05:39 PM
cas
I wouldn't buy it either, apparently their coffee has covid.

December 01, 2021, 06:01 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:

With a splintered Liousville Slugger soaked in turpentine, or something worse than that. Commie bastards.

December 01, 2021, 06:42 PM
83v45magna
quote:

No way I could have said that better myself.

Tony Soprano, maybe.

- They're fuckin' dead ta me.

December 01, 2021, 06:53 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by jmkfive:
Federal's monthly ammunition club

They have one of those?!?!? Holy smokes, I've gotta look into that! Cool

- - - - - - - -

Edit: Sure enough, they do!

God bless America.
December 01, 2021, 08:19 PM
mikeyspizza
So, the coffee was roughly $5 per pound? It's normally way more than that.
December 01, 2021, 09:16 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
So, the coffee was roughly $5 per pound? It's normally way more than that.

Well yeah, stuff bought in bulk is typically cheaper per unit than the same stuff sold in smaller quantities.

But that's also exacerbated by the fact that BRCC's individual bags of coffee are overpriced anyway... Politics aside, their coffee is decent, but it's not worth $15+ for a 12 oz bag. I can get great coffee elsewhere for $10-$12 per pound (16 ounces).
December 07, 2021, 11:20 AM
djpaintles
Why are some people so mad at Black Rifle Coffee Company? I just haven't seen myself what they did that made people so mad. Not saying anything good or bad either way, I just don't know and am curious.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
December 07, 2021, 11:36 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Why are some people so mad at Black Rifle Coffee Company?

12 pages here, from a year ago:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/4500098674/p/1

TL;DR version:

Kyle Rittenhouse (pre-trial) was seen wearing BRCC clothing. Some journalist tried to make it out like BRCC was sponsoring Rittenhouse.

Liberals began bitching at BRCC for supporting Rittenhouse.

BRCC released a statement disavowing any sort of relationship with, or sponsorship of, Rittenhouse.

Conservatives then began bitching at BRCC for not supporting Rittenhouse.
December 07, 2021, 11:36 AM
smschulz
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Why are some people so mad at Black Rifle Coffee Company? I just haven't seen myself what they did that made people so mad. Not saying anything good or bad either way, I just don't know and am curious.

You might start here to catch up > https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/4500098674/p/1
December 07, 2021, 12:18 PM
Voshterkoff
The CEO of BRC made disparaging comments about Kyle and his actions. Combine that with some of the vet-bro clingers making statements that civilians shouldn’t have body armor or modern tactical equipment, and it’s easy to see that the whole group is not pro 2A, just pro government employment.