SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Killing in the Name.. North Korean Military Version
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killing in the Name.. North Korean Military Version Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted
WOw! at the editing skills

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how much editing is involved, at least in the way we consider it editing.

They just severely punish or kill off the ones that don't perform to perfection.

That instills a certain amount of discipline into almost anyone.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I'm not sure how much editing is involved, at least in the way we consider it editing.

They just severely punish or kill off the ones that don't perform to perfection.

... but in case you're serious: I hate to break it to you, but the North Korean military band doesn't really play Rage Against the Machine songs.

Lars Von Retriever (the video creator) took video clips of the North Korean military band playing music, and cut/spliced/synced it to Killing In the Name in order to make it appear like they're playing that song instead.

That's the editing to which the OP is referring.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
... but in case you're serious: I hate to break it to you, but the North Korean military band doesn't really play Rage Against the Machine songs.

LOL, fooled me!

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Zack will not be pleased. Sacrilege to me. GTFO with this bs.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Wow! Their english is really good Razz

What version of the recording was that?

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Can commies get angry at each other for copying? it's for the greater good...

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Lars Von Retriever (the video creator) took video clips of the North Korean military band playing music, and cut/spliced/synced it to Killing In the Name in order to make it appear like they're playing that song instead.

That's the editing to which the OP is referring.

I was serious. I'm a Dinosaur and as such, wouldn't have a clue about Rage or Lars whoever. The video looked a lot like something the Nork's would do and be proud of it.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Can commies get angry at each other for copying? it's for the greater good...

LOL. Zack may be out there but I really respect that band’s music. Fuck North Korea.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
Wow! Their english is really good Razz

What version of the recording was that?

Kirring in the name of......

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post