SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Prey: the latest Predator movie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prey: the latest Predator movie Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Just finished watching it. It’s back to basics with a couple of twists.

Not sure how Woke this is but Predator has its ass kicked by a little squaw.
Maybe this particular Predator rode the short spaceship to Earth or something, but it seems to run into a lot of trouble facing native Americans and french trappers (not really with the Frogs).

There are a few brow raising moments in this one and a couple of shots that will remind you the previous movies. All in good spirits.

All in all, a decent movie but wait for the cheapest option to watch it.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Why do you say the Predator had trouble with the trappers? It absolutely destroyed the trappers. Yes, it fell into two of the bear traps, but it promptly used them against the trappers who thought it was vulnerable.

There are a couple of issues that I had with the movie, both of which concern how the Predator observed its surroundings. Still, I enjoyed the movie much more than I did the previous two Predator movies.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Added “ not really with the Frogs - frenchmen (?)” to clarify on the original post.
It faced two groups of humans.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It was one large group of trappers, so I'm confused. They were all lead by the guy Naru set up to get killed last by the Predator.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I have not watched this but the gist I got is 2 groups of humans, 1 group of Indians and 1 group of trappers. More trouble was had with the Indians than the trappers.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yup, that's basically how it is.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder. I’ve never done Hulu, no real interest but since I never have, I can do the free trial, watch this, then cancel. Ends up being no cost at all so I’m about to watch it now. Will give me a chance to check out Hulu for free anyways.

Thanks.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
The main protagonist is a girl, isn't it. Was that unspoken "No women, no children" code not observed back in the early days?

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It was alright. I mean I did the free trial and will cancel it in 2 weeks so it cost me nothing. For a free film when there is few new films releasing (on disc or streaming) it was fine. If I had paid for it I’d have more to say. The protagonist was a woman but it didn’t feel like they were jamming that up your ass. I love Native American anything so it was a decent film. The ending was a little… questionable, but OK. Glad I watched it.

They did set it up for this tribe to get fucked with again because that handgun was the same one given to Danny Glover in Predator 2 IIRC.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
What kind of deer was in the opening sequence? It wasn’t a whitetail or a mule deer. It looked like a cross between a red deer and sika.

Never mind. I just watched another scene and realized it was CGI.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Was that unspoken "No women, no children" code not observed back in the early days?

If you're holding a weapon, you're fair game. Remember Dutch kicking the gun out of Anna's hands in Predator?

Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
If you're holding a weapon, you're fair game. Remember Dutch kicking the gun out of Anna's hands in Predator?
Sure. I also remember Leona, who was very much an active combatant in P2, got spared because she was pregnant when he scanned her. I guess the unborn child saved her from becoming another trophy.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Obligator Critical Drinker video:

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

Not sure how Woke this is but Predator has its ass kicked by a little squaw.

Girl Power is the name of the game these days.

Males, especially white ones are relegated to being the goofy and or idiot sidekick.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Prey: the latest Predator movie.. pray it's the last Predator movie."

Come on the movie review tag line practically writes itself! Wink

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
WONDER WOMAN VS. PREDATOR

Location scenery is great but the CGI is pretty bad.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
"Prey: the latest Predator movie.. pray it's the last Predator movie."

Come on the movie review tag line practically writes itself! Wink

"Whoever wins, we lose." That was an appropriate tag line.

Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Girl Power is the name of the game these days.

Males, especially white ones are relegated to being the goofy and or idiot sidekick.

I am so sick of the girl power movement. It's over the top these days.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, female heroines are nothing new, particularly in the Predator/Alien universe.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
True, but the heroine in this movie is perfect and above all others while the male characters are portrayed as inferior.

Sure there were characters portrayed as weak in the Alien movies; screaming girl in Alien or 85 in Alien 3, but a lot of the characters were Ripley’s equal.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post