SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Season 5 of Better Call Saul finally hit netflix today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Season 5 of Better Call Saul finally hit netflix today. Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
FYI

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I think Season 6 is about debut on AMC, isn't it??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
April 18

Wife and I have been rewatching the series the past few months on DVD, going to work on season 5 in the next few weeks, still in the DVR. Like many good series, there were lots that we missed the first time.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I’ve gotten into my cancel rotation with Netflix. I realized there’s no point in paying for it 12 months a year when I watch everything I want to see on there in about four or five weeks a year.

Perhaps in May or June I will re-up for a month, watch this, finish Ozarks and then cancel again till winter.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up! I binged it through February and into last month. Glad to pick it back up while it's still reasonable fresh for me.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Season 5 through episode 5 sure is a sleeper so
far.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I enjoyed it, as it provided a lot more background into the Breaking Bad story. The way they left it at the end, there is definitely more coming.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Wow, the last 2 episodes were off the charts awesome!

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Wow, the last 2 episodes were off the charts awesome!

Good.
We watched episode 7 last night and so far this season has been quite the snoozer.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
And the last season started last night. Kim is the one to not fuck with.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I loved season 5, a lot of complex character development, the writing is impeccable.

And last night's season's premiere was great.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
And the last season started last night. Kim is the one to not fuck with.

Good grief, a lot of shit went down. Saul the carrot guy, Kim the stick. Love it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
As a BB fan, I feel obliged to watch this. That said, I don't like Jimmy, I don't like Kim, I don't like the shooting gallery cheap clowns in the crosshairs of our noble protagonists. And I still think Bob Odenkirk is a very poor actor with no screen presence.

So I'll bow out of this thread now as a disappointed voice of dissent in this slick, stylish and flawed series. Enjoy.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Love the series and how season five has set up for a lot of good stories. Cool

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
I liked the new episodes but I'm a little slow sometimes. I figured the big safe was in lalo's (?) house and the effort was to setup someone but who was the the guy that opened the envelope and what was on the paper? Looked like a bank statement with incriminating payments but I couldn't make it out.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Early seasons and the fact that Kim was not even mentioned in Breaking Bad had me thinking that she would meet a bad end.

In just the first 2 episodes now however, I'm getting the feeling that Saul is becoming fearful of who she really is. There were several 'looks' where he is thinking 'damn, who is she?' I am thinking she dumps him as she considers him a small-time scammer, and she has her sights set on big scams and grifts.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I still think Bob Odenkirk is a very poor actor with no screen presence.

Did you see Nobody ? Confused

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
And I still think Bob Odenkirk is a very poor actor with no screen presence.

Did you see Nobody ? Confused

What a great film that was, and Odenkirk was great in it and perfectly casted, just as he is in BCSaul. Very versatile actor with, I think, plenty of presence...you have to be, to have the variety of roles he's had and make them all work.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I don't like Jimmy, I don't like Kim, I don't like the shooting gallery cheap clowns in the crosshairs of our noble protagonists.

Yes, pretty much most of the characters in Better Call Saul are unlikeable. My other favorite TV series all have very unlikeable main characters as well; Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, True Detective. Hell, look at Seinfeld; the three main characters are supreme assholes.

Maybe the reason the characters in BSC are unlikeable is because it is a TV series about ruthless drug dealers and ruthless lawyers. But IMO, a very well done series, the writing, casting, acting, direction, music, etc. are near perfect.