SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Purple Haze; Remembering What It Was Like the First Time I Heard Hendrix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Purple Haze; Remembering What It Was Like the First Time I Heard Hendrix Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Excellent sound quality; headphones if ya got em

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Yeah like no other. Before or since.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
He played THAT good even upside down and backwards.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
He played THAT good even upside down and backwards.

Upside-down, for sure, but his guitars were strung conventionally for a left hander with the bass E on top and the treble E on the bottom. I understand; however, that he was able to play a right-handed guitar upside-down though, without the strings being changed.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a commercial sometime back that depicted a young Hendrix in Seattle, thinking about entering an Accordian store. It got some good chuckles.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here it is:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgtWTER5dXk