SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix: In From The Cold series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix: In From The Cold series Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Binge watched this while dealing with insomnia last night.

This article sums up my feelings as well about the ending. I mean WTF? It didn't fit or make sense to me....

Netflix's In From The Cold: viewers in shock over 'crazy' ending
(WARNING: article contains SPOILERS)
https://www.hellomagazine.com/...wers-shocked-ending/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Worth watching or don’t waste time?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12746 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

Well worth watching. Spy stuff mixed with some scifi. Just that the last 2 minutes of the last episode will have you scratching your head asking WTFO as those minutes seem completely detached from the character development, plot, etc. of all that preceded. One could look at it as a rather crudely grafted tickler for a possible second season although again it begs credulity. The good is that it really doesn't affect the merits of the series and the plot conclusion.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I had to stop after 1.5 episodes. The premise was interesting but none of the characters were likable. And I would have killed Chauncey after that first mission. While the premise seems interesting, in the absence of any likable character, the rest of the story becomes who cares. I don’t care if any any of the missions succeed or if the characters survive or not. Seems like scum fighting scum. Amish against Amish.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12746 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I was enjoying it, but started to lose interest a couple of episodes in. I still don't understand how they tied those random people together, I must have missed something. How did they determine who the next one to go crazy was?

I was enjoying it, but at the same time haven't watched in a few days and not in a big hurry to finish it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I started watching.
Thought it was another spy coming out of retirement then the Sci-Fi seemed to jump the shark a bit but I am going to be open minded.
It's not that I don't like Sci Fi because I do but the transition has to be plausible.
So continuing on to see. Confused

Posts: 22933 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Its funny because they don't advertise the sci-fi aspect at all so when it happens its jarring.

It might have been better to advertise it as more of a superhero type thing than a straight spy show but then that would give some away.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

We didn't even get through the first episode. And my wife typically gives a show 2-3 before deciding to bail.

Posts: 706 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post