SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Critical Drinker review: Indiana Jones 5- The final nail in Lucasfilm's coffin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Critical Drinker review: Indiana Jones 5- The final nail in Lucasfilm's coffin Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I'm never going to see it, or any of this stuff he talks about, but I got a kick out of the bad news for the politically correct hacks

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Same. Years before I’d watch something like this on one of the movie channels once it made it that far. I can’t even do that anymore. Will never watch this. Done watching Marvel anything, Star Wars anything, fuck all of it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Hollywood has trained me, and I'm sure many others, to immediately reject a film if I spot any signs of emasculation of preexisting male characters. If I have missed out on good films, I am okay with that. I will NOT pay my money to watch characters like Indiana Jones be destroyed in order to prop up extremely mediocre women and judge said character's past actions using the lens of modern Western social justice bigotry.

Posts: 2010 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
That last one with the aliens was just stupid so I’m sure this one will be even worse.

I’ll treat them as non-canon just like I treat the 3 new Star Wars movies that came out with Kylo Ren and all that nonsense. Star Wars ended for me with them living happily ever after at the end of ROTJ and Indiana Jones ended with for me with Indy kicking Nazi ass with his Dad and finding the Holy Grail.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I have yet to disagree with Mr. Drinker, and will trust his assessment.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I heard about this one!

Indiana Joan and the Touch Tones of Destiny!

Yeah... not going to see it.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
One would have thought Hollyweird would've gotten a clue with the flop of Ghostbusters 2016. Nope. Instead they've done it again and again and again and again, since then. They're now on to their seventh year of repeating the same mistakes

And, despite what some claim, it's not because these films have strong female leads. There are plenty of movies with strong female leads that have done well. (Wonder Woman, Salt, the Aliens franchise, Tomb Raider, etc.) No, it's because they're poor movies.

Almost forgot: My wife and I recently watched Mother on Netflix. Strong female lead. Wasn't a great movie, by any measure, but, we enjoyed it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The preview where these geniuses decided to bash capitalism (ironic eh?) and liken it to theft managed to 100% kill any chance of me seeing this film. Well…that and the fact that the last Indy film was silly and shitty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
So tired of the over the top girl power movement.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:

Just tired of being preached to constantly. Is there a place for it in film, absolutely, is there a place for it in EVERY FRIGGIN MOVIE!!?? Hell no.

Remember the grand old days where you went to the movies for ….. you know fun. Ahhh Pepperidge Farm remembers. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
It betrays a true weakness. If they believed what they were pushing at us, they wouldn't be trying so hard and non-stop.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post