New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alien: Romulus Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
I confess that i’m a bit lost but couldn’t REMUS be about how the bugs got there and eventually how the station got lost? An “Aliens” / El Alamo kind of glorious defeat?

0-0

In the interview I spoke of, he explained that the "Creators" were upset at how man turned out. They sent the Xenomorphs to destroy us. The pilot (big guy in the chair) thought we deserved another chance, and crashed the ship before delivering them to earth.

Tony

Posts: 369 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Is that considered canon at all, or just the way Ridley Scott wanted it to go?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16871 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
^Is that considered canon at all, or just the way Ridley Scott wanted it to go?

What he had in mind when he started it. The follow up is mind blowing, and I can see where it would be controversial and why studios didn't want to touch it. Apparently, the creators, in seeing how dedicated the 'deliverer' was in saving mankind, decided to give us another chance. So they sent another to try and "save" us and put us on the right path. We killed him. Who did they send? Jesus.

Tony

Posts: 369 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
^^^

Yes, there was supposedly much more dialog written for the conversation between "The Engineer" and David in Prometheus, in which that was mentioned. The linguist hired to developed the language claimed that was part of what he was asked to translate.

That person was not named, but we are to assume it was JC.

Posts: 2704 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post